Half Life 2 Installation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DenialTwist

When I try to install Half Life 2 - Game of the year edition, i get an error message saying "The windows Installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assitance."
Help? Please?

Also, it wont let me download off steam with the cd key, it sais I need to...download it off the cd first for some reason.

I think that it is only checking to see if you own the game because it is a CD-Key from a game purchase from a store. Go on SteamPowered and use the search button and you'll be able to find help for problem...

MaXtor said:
I think that it is only checking to see if you own the game because it is a CD-Key from a game purchase from a store. Go on SteamPowered and use the search button and you'll be able to find help for problem...
Annoyingly my problem seems to be unique to that site.
Also, worldi, I do have about 4 profiles running on this computer, one each family member.

DenialTwist said:
When I try to install Half Life 2 - Game of the year edition, i get an error message saying "The windows Installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assitance."
Have you tried installing the latest Windows Installer?

I had that problem, but it was only once, I just restarted and it worked. Sorry if it's not that simple for you.

E: you should try giving VALVe a call if you can't find any resources on the web.

darkstuarez said:
I had that problem, but it was only once, I just restarted and it worked. Sorry if it's not that simple for you.

E: you should try giving VALVe a call if you can't find any resources on the web.
Lucky you :(
and I have emailed steam tech support about it but so far they havent emailed me back. I emailed them on saturday afternoon, shouldnt they have replied by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back