Zalman CNPS7700-Cu problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I just installed some new parts this weekend, and noticed my idle CPU temperatures are pretty high. I am running a Pentium D 3.2 GHz, ASUS P5B, 2 gigs of OCZ ram, and an EVGA 8800gts. I am noticing that my idle temperatures are from 55 degrees celcius to 57 degrees, and my load temperatures are from 65-70. I don't think this is good for my CPU, and am wondering if there is any way I can turn the rpm on my CPU up? Or are these temperatures safe?

I have turned ASUS QFan off, and the fan is sitting at about 2000rpm. Whenever I start up a game or something however, the temperature shoots up very quickly, and I am worried that I will burn out the CPU or damage some other components in my computer. Let me know what you think, any help is greatly appreciated!!

haha I did try connecting the controller and turning it up to the max, but it acctually turned the rpm down by about 200

In that case check the thermal paste to see if it has dried up or is not covering part of your cpu and make sure your heatsink is sitting as flat as possible.

I have also done that, I should have included that in the op, I am using AS5 and tried putting the stock hs back on this afternoon, it went up about 5 degrees. I have also cleaned and reapplied the thermal paste 2 times today and no big changes unfortunately.

thats worse than the stock fan.. if you tell me the stock fan did worse it probably burned off your cpu lol

Yep, stock fan was worse, it idled about 60-62 degrees. I am running out of ideas haha any chance that the AS5 can get old and be less effective?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back