Booting up & OS problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcinsane

Hey guys,
Im having a major problem with my computer. When im on my computer or even away from it, it will randomly shutdown and restart. Sometimes it will boot all the way to the desktop with no problem, other times it will start booting up and restart when it starts to load windows xp, and it will continue to boot and restart till i come home and shut it down. And theres other times while its booting up, that it will do a "check disk scan" to make sure that system files are in the correct index's and it will find something wrong and delete the system files and never replace them when finished, so when it goes to reboot, half the system files are missing and i have to reformat and reinstall windows xp to correct the issue (which Ive reformatted and reinstalled windows xp 9 times because of this) And other times it will not mess with the system files but attack my programs and its even deleted the themes to windows xp. Ive disabled all external stuff on my computer that was not needed thinking maybe something external was causing the issue, but the problem still persisted. Ive used programs to test the Ram & hard drive thinking maybe something was wrong there, but they both tested successful. I have programs watching the Temperature & voltage of the CPU, but the CPU seems to be working fine. Ive even called Microsoft and talked with there technical support guys about 7 times, and they still haven't been able to give me a actual answer to my problem. Im running out of idea's here guys and i need some help.
I made the computer myself and heres the specs:
P5k-E Asus Motherboard
2 x 1Gb DDR2 1066mhz Kingston
140GB Western Digital Hard drive
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz
Radeon 512Mb Graphic Card
Windows Xp Home W/ Service Pack 2 (but i did have service pack 3, but it gets really annoying after u have to reinstall it every time you reinstall XP)

Hope you guys can help me.

Check Event Viewer for any logs around the time of computer restart
Start->Run-> eventvwr.exe

Check MiniDump folder for any MiniDumps created
Start->Run-> %windir%\Minidump

Have a look at the No Post tutorial (there are other links in there that may help as well
Tutorial: No POST (Power On System Test

Unplug any not required PCI card (like 56K Modem etc)
Actually the no post tutorial discusses these ideas already

I check the event long and i found this: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xffffff96, 0x00000000, 0xb7e5c853, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini100208-01.dmp. But there are 3 more of these all with different codes.

And there are 4 MiniDump files. What do i do with them?

Please Zip up and attach
attach.gif
these Minidumps to a new reply

You will see the Attach button -->
attach.gif
on the toolbar in a new reply

Inside the 4 MiniDumps:
BugCheck 1000000A, {746c6644, 1c, 0, 80501ffb}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe
PROCESS_NAME: ati2evxx.exe

BugCheck 10000050, {ffffff96, 0, b7e5c853, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe

BugCheck 24, {1902fe, aa25b458, aa25b154, 80569184}
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys
PROCESS_NAME: CCC.exe

BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 8054afd2, ba503c20, ba50391c}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe
PROCESS_NAME: System

I believe this is related to faulty display drivers
Please download the latest drivers for your Video card
Then fully uninstall the original drivers
You could also use Driver Sweeper to fully confirm the old drivers are totally gone (in full)
Then install the latest ones

There is a possibility it is faulty Ram as well, you could try Memtest for that

Well my computer wouldnt allow me to boot up again, so i reinstalled XP to fix it. But the display driver would cause all of this? and I have installed the lastest driver (to my knowledge). I have to download the display driver from the manufactures website every time i reinstall windows, so i would imagine there website would have the latest updates.
And i have used Memtest to test my Ram, and it found to problems.
And thank you for the fast replies and your help.

So you have installed Windows Xp clean? or a Repair install?

I ask this, because a clean install will not have any older drivers anywhere

Is it then doing the same thing? (randomly restarting)

I just did a repair. Doing a fresh install has never helped me at all.

I pulled this from the Log. The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:.

So could that mean my hard drive is going bad? even though all the programs that are running have still caught no corruption on the hard drive.

Faulty HardDrive can cause any software corruption!

Please try this:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer
  • Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
  • Click Properties, and then click Tools.
  • Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:
  • • To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
  • • To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
  • • To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back