Right click freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay here's the problem. I have a system running Windows XP Professional.

Right now, everytime I right click on anything it freezes and I have to end task.

This problem occurred a couple of hours after I put a new Logitech MX 700 mouse on my computer (hooked up through USB).

Here's the thing I was replacing another MX 700 mouse. So, I didn't install any new software or anything.

Since, I was replacing one mouse with the same kind I didn't expect any problems. Can anyone figure out what's going on?

P.S. The mouse works fine for everything else but the right-clicking.

Have you installed any special click handling/gesture/etc things? Go to mouse setup and see if all the buttons are assigned properly.

Try it in another usb port, then take it back to the shop if it still wont work. Its faulty

I have the same mouse, and I find it works better when hooked up to the PS/2 port.
I uninstalled the crappy Logitech drivers as they froze my mouse and keyboard regularly.
I am quite happy with the standard built-in mousedrivers from W2K and I personally have no need for those fancy buttons, I just like the looks of this fancy mouse.

You could also try deleting the mouse from Device Manager and letting Windows detect it again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back