XP Pic attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMG

In windows 2000 when I clicked on a pic attachment in an email it would ask me if I wanted to save it or open it. Now with XP Home it just opens the attachment by itself. How do I make it ask if I want to save or open? Thanks.

In Outlook, please give us some more information.. I'd guess though, you're using a different version of IE/Outlook now.

Both IEs were IE 6s. I'm not using outlook. I'm using webmail, specifically webmail.iastate.edu. I emailed them and they had no idea. Thanks.

Check your security settings in Internet Options....specifically the 'file download' area and see if changing the options changes what you need.

Ie/OE often offer you to save an attachement when they can't display it. A bit like a link to a PNG file that IE can't display so it will offer you to save it.

I don't think you can really specify such a thing in the options.

I went into internet options>security>custom level>downloads. There are 2 things under downloads, one is file the other is font. The file downloads has 2 options, one is enable the other is disable, its is on enable. There are 3 options under font, enable, disable, and prompt. I tried prompt, and it didn't change anything. What is font download anyways?

Also, am I the only one with this problem? Does anyone with XP Home and IE6 get the "Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File" the dialog box when you click on an attachment in a internet email program?

Does this happen with all filetypes, or just images(.jpg, .gif, .bmp)?
Its been a while since I've used webmail through a browser, but when I did, I clicked the link for the file and images would simply open, most other types would give me a download dialog box. I also remember this being a bit different from one email service to another.

So far I've only been sending pics and word docs to myself (easier than carrying around a floppy or cd) so I've only had experience with jpg, bitmap, and docs.

It used to ask me what I wanted to do with docs, but 1 or 2 days ago it stopped asking and would just open them by it self.

I also can't right click the attachment with this webmail because of its design.

Attachment.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back