Overclocking posts, threads & advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGaribaldi

Hello.

There's a couple of things some of us feels it's time to bring up with you (the members of this board) concerning overclocking....
  1. . Threads/Q's about overclocking belongs in the "Cooling & Modding" forum, not here in the "Cpu, chipsets and mobos"
  2. Not everyone who comes here (to TechSpot) is interested in overclocking...
    So please respect this. If someone asks what motherboard would be a good choice for his new computer, don't start talking about overclocking, unless the person asks for it! (Or you could ask is the member is interested in overclocking or not)
    The same goes for memory, video cards, grandmothers or whatever you like to oc in your spare time...

I hope that you'll be able to follow and respect these two points... It's not very complicated, nor very hard to understand, and will save newcomers confusion and regulars a headache...

Thank you for your time.

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
  1. The same goes for memory, video cards, grandmothers or whatever you like to oc in your spare time...

Nonsense !!! I got my grandmother up to 250/500 ( core/mem ) & now she's giving me 27 CPM !!!
w00teh.gif

PS. CPM = cookies per minute.

Thank you MrG. I also feel this is a huge problem and gives first time builders the wrong idea. I feel that some of them are somewhat pressured into OCing, or are given the wrong impression.
Nothing wrong with OCing if you understand the risks and know what you are doing(anyone who doesn't think there is any risk, or laughs at such risk has either never OCed, or never seen the mess made by a first timer)
If people bothered to look, they would see that up until a few months ago, almost all OC discussion was contained within the cooling/modding forum(where it belongs)

Your ability to OC is based mainly on the CPU, Chipset, and Mobo. No matter what great cooling you have, you're not gonna OC a locked 2100+ Palo on a Biostar board very far...

Thank you, MrGaribaldi.

Also if the people ask for overclock opinions, tell them get better cooling before they proceeds.

Smiles.. :)

Lucan

<if you noticed my mistake advices, just use private message to me, i will regret this and edit my mistake, thanks.> :) :hotbounce

This thread is supposed to be informative on the topic of overclocking, not how you are supposed to do it or how it works, or tips doing it.

It's merely a few statements giving guidelines to the discussion of overclocking. Not "Also if the people ask for overclock opinions, tell them get better cooling before they proceeds.", bushwhacker. :)

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was easy to overclock the FSB on my mobo. I have a P4SAX-X mobo which came with 533mhz clock speed. My p4 chip is clocked up to 3.733 (starting to die and regretting overclocking that much). Most mob's out at the mo have 800mhz clock speed and i was wondering how much i could get 533mhz up to without permanent damage.

PS: Keep in mind I have no intake fan, just (well not JUST but god they do the job!!) two 80mm TORNADOES!!! at the back on exhaust.

Thanks 4 help in advance!:grinthumb

Do you people even read before replying? This thread is not for asking how to OC or anything like that, it is simply to direct you to the proper place to post OC related discussion.

i hit 2.2 ghz with my 2400, max i could get was 147x15. since pinmodding didnt work for me and im not cutting ANYTHING on my cpu, thats the most im gonna do.

i just got my 2500 mobile. this is probably the most common overclock, but i got it to 200x11 right out of the box. voltage running at 1.65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back