Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Hansson

Staff member
This update resolves the much talked about incorrect parsing of URLs that contain special characters, specifically making it possible to create a link like this one, it shows up as "www.microsoft.com" in Internet Explorer but will actually bring you back here to Techspot!

When you have installed this update the above link should not work anymore. (You must restart ofcourse, this afterall is Windows). Did I mention that a browser like Opera never had this problem in the first place?

Read more about the update on Technet. Or click here for a handy direct download link for Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 English running on Windows NT4, 98, 2000 or XP (all others see first link)

Yea, and that's it. there's NO excuse for having it as a primary browser other than you like being exploited by hacks and spyware which most unknowing and even knowing people seem to enjoy.

Originally posted by MaskedBurrito
That's why I use Mozilla. I don't get why people who know better continue to use IE.
Well not everyone that doesn't use Mozilla uses IE. I don't use either, I use Opera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back