Decent mobo req'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

vega

Even though I'm no newbie (I'v been messing around with pcs since the eighties), I have to admit to being completly ignorant regarding the joys of overclocking as my mandate is to bunge all the components together, switch on the power, and voila - mainstream computer!
I'm on the lookout for a new motherboard to complement my amd 2600 xp processor but don't need a mobo which is fully kitted up for raging overclockers, just a mobo, which offers a decent turn of speed and performance - I like the look of the soltek 75frn, but can anyone offer any suggestions?

Epox 8RDA3G, Abit NF7-S 2.0, Asus A7V8X, there are probably many more but those are some commonly used ones.

If you're looking for a stable motherboard with no intentino to overclock, Gigabyte nForce 2 Boards can be considered.

I also recommend the Shuttle AN35N - Ultra. It is an nForce2 board, and all reviews I have read state that it is very stable and "boring" when it comes to overclocking. I'm not interested in overclocking. I've had mine for a few months and am very happy with it. Plus, the price is pretty reasonable for an nForce2 board. Good luck
Bug

abit an7, abit nf7, asus a7n8x, msi k7n2dl, leadtek k7ncr18d, gigabyte1 ga7n400, epox 8rda3+, dfi lanparty nfII

Thanks for the input people.
After checking the specs and performance of each board mentioned, I'v come down to one major criteria - the board must incorporate the nvidia chipset so I'v plumped for either the asus A7N8X and the KT600 boards - I'll let you know which one I finally choose.
Again, thanks for your insight. :grinthumb :grinthumb

Originally posted by vega
Thanks for the input people.
After checking the specs and performance of each board mentioned, I'v come down to one major criteria - the board must incorporate the nvidia chipset so I'v plumped for either the asus A7N8X and the KT600 boards - I'll let you know which one I finally choose.
Again, thanks for your insight. :grinthumb :grinthumb

The KT600 is a chipset made by Via, it is not a board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back