Misc. news round up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Intel has confirmed it will replace the MHz naming scheme for their processors to a model-numering scheme similar to that in AMD Opteron CPUs, more details here. Speaking of Intel, reviews for 3.4GHz Prescotts are in.

NVIDIA's new GeForce GPU will be launched next April 13th when the company plans to host an all-day LAN party on custom built PCs equipped with the new graphics processor, of course, that will be running Unreal Tournament 2004 and Battlefield Vietnam.

Microsoft is preparing for this July a new MSN search service to rival Google.

While the European Commission this week goes through the final steps to conclude its five-year case against Microsoft, the company's legal problems in Europe are far from over and appear to be accelerating, antitrust lawyers and officials said.

Sony to launch double layer DVD burners.

New domains '.mobi' and '.xxx' under consideration.

A good news post.. I think I went to everyone of those links :)

Interesting the nVidia LAN will consist of UT2K4 & Vietnam.. those games are really "in" right now. I like Desert Combat more then Vietnam tho :\

Also interesting about the new domains.. I think .xxx is a good idea.

Whats wrong with Red PCB?? I think it looks cool :)

I think the fact that the newer nVidia cards are a foot long, and now need 2 12v molex's is down right rediculious. They need to actually make the technology better, not just stuffing more crap on there.

If Intel begins their naming scheme, that might throw AMD's model scheme for a loop. ;)

It seems the Opteron naming scheme which was criticized at first, works very well in the professional market.

It's just a shame there aren't any 4-way / 8-way servers available yet.
nonono.gif

Don't worry, by the time you have the money to afford one a quad opteron is as fast as a single new CPU at the time.

Hmm, that link above on the Nvidia card, it is gone now...

Anyone want to upload it somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back