explored.exe AGAIN....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSidiot

Alright I failed. It is back and I dont know how. Does anyone know why this file/virus is so persistent?

The file name is "explored.exe" and I remove from the registry, even made a .exe named explored.exe but it just replaced it. How???? I am getting sick of this. The ad-aware and spybots didnt seem to work. What now....

I recently removed a customer's hard drive from their laptop and hooked it up to my system for a virus scan. What I found was about 5 different viruses and about 40 infected files.

I run the virus scanners in this order, each one over and over again until I was told the system was clean.

1.) Norton Antivirus 2003
2.) McAfee 8.0
3.) Pc-Cillin
4.) Panda Anti-virus 2004
5.) F-prot 3.14
6.) AVG Professional 7
7.) Kaspersky

After all of this, it was FINALLY cleaned. AVG and Kaspersky recognized over 2 dozen infected files which the others did not. I might recommend using the free version of AVG since this picked up the most total viruses out of all of them. Kaspersky also did a very good job.

Thanks guys. I am still trying to get some money to buy Nortons, and explored.exe comes back occasionaly, i deleted some files in my CatRoot folder maybe that will help. I also got, for the first time something called ntsyskrnl.exe that really plauged my cpu. its gone for now but came the exact same way explored.exe came. Oh well... i am about ready to reformat... thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back