Nintendo DS info from E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNGX1275

This new handheld Nintendo system seems to be a pretty impressive one. There is just simply too much in the article for me to talk all about it here, but I clipped some of the most interesting parts. The article isn't written like a news article, more like a journal, but that makes it easier to read.
...Suddenly, the DS was lifted high for everyone to see, and the constant flashes seemed like they'd never end! And the details of this baby... Check it out: Each of the two screens is programmable in 2d or 3d. The 3d quality is great - a quick flash of a Mario game (or demo?) followed by a complete bombshell -

A new Metroid game, on the Nintendo DS, and it'll be a launch title. And the 3d? IT. IS. STUNNING. Picture Metroid Prime in your hands, because from where I was sitting, that's exactly what it looked like. And more great details - you tap where you want to fire! No aiming, no odd 3D fidgeting. And here we go - the stats start flying.

For starters, the DS has two media bays - complete backward compatibility with the GBA is here! With two big control enhancements - touch screen can be used as an on game keyboard, and you could use it to draw (yes, there will be drawing software..). And - another stadium rocking announcement, there will be a built in microphone - for VOICE recognition in games. The crowd is frothing, and even I'm losing control at this point - exciting. And here's where one of the big, big questions gets answered;

What is Nintendo's online strategy?!

How about this - the DS supports 16 player wireless at 100 feet apart! Instant chat, draw, sending pictures to each other, and... If you get in range of other people, the DS automatically turns on, and activates online mode if you want. And there's more.

It's got wi-fi.

That's right, completely wireless internet / LAN play with a portable system. Absolutely cool. My mind really is reeling with the news. I hate to buy into hype like that, but it's obvious that Nintendo has thought this one out, like no other product before it.

Read more: Here

Nice but the idea of playing 3D games with a display size of a couple of inches doesn't sound really appealing to me. My cellphone has a 2.6" grayscale display, it's good for the three simple games it has, but playing something like Metroid Prime.. Well, I'd rather play it with my GameCube instead.

PSP will probably cost a bit more, but will blow it out of the water. Does the DS even have WiFi?

I somewhat doubt that PSP will transfer well to handheld... Not to mention nintendo games do something PS games haven't done too well on.. REPLAYABILITY.

It should mostly be mentioned that Nintendo and PS aim at two different markets, with Nintendo drawing on its hardcore fans and younger players, Playstation aiming at young adults and older...

Hence, who cares how the market goes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back