Show of support for new name!!

farmer

I don't think it would be out of place for all members to show Julio an OK sign for the name change. It must have been hard for him to decide to do this and it's really a trick name and will catch on fast. Great work and good luck!!!

the name totally fits this place. in my view, this place was more like for gaming with the name '3dspotlight', but now focuses more on the pc/hardware side with the name 'techspot'. i think the idea of changing the name has been on julio's mind for quite a while, and i'm glad to see it finally implemented. :grinthumb

I definitely had the idea on my head for a long time, however we needed a really good name... I always thought of TechSpot however it was owned by IDG, finally I got them to sell it to me :)

I think its a good change, and better shows the broader scope of this site. There is the danger of the loss of name recoqnition during the change over, as some who knew the 3DS name, may not associate the new name. But with enough publisty, I think most will return.

It's all about business, guys!!!!

Just a quick note... by Julio 04-13-2002 @ 1:54 PM -[Comments]
Ever since we asked for your support for clicking advertisements and actually noticing them our click through rates have improved considerably, while these details still remain important to advertisers that support 3D Spotlight, I just wanted to take some time to thank you ALL 3DS readers for your continued support!

With so many sites going under every month, we are glad that we could make it through the hard times, things haven't got any better just yet but everyone is keeping us informed that better things are waiting us around the corner, or at least they are supposed to get healthier as we approach year's end.

In the meantime, I would like to ask you to fully support our main partners that have helped 3D Spotlight to keep things going through the last few months: Crucial, Soyo, AZZO.

Truthfully, I hadn't noticed until I saw a post about it, I think it was day before yesterday. I like it though, it's quite a catchy name.

It's still the same site with the same great forum and the same great content with the same great people that run it.

I think the new name better suits the place.. But don't "get too big for your britches".. hehe!

I like the new name alot..It definately defines the site much better. Its nice to see the change..

another vote for Techspot here, although as long as my shortcuts and favourites to 3dspotlight work, I will continue to use them. I feel also that the new name does reflect the content fo the site - anything 'techy' really eh?

keep up the good work 3DS (or should that be TS):grinthumb

After a week or so now Im used to it. I guess I liked "3DSpotlight" alot but Techspot better suits the site. We dont just talk about 3D technologies.

Originally posted by Th3M1ghtyD8
This was why I tried to run a poll the other day - to find out what people thought of the new name.
Would be as waste of a poll though ;)
The names staying.

Back