Overclock a Geforce3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweakster

Overclock Geforce3 little help ?

i have two Geforce3's (Official Nvidia Geforce3 64mb AGP)
So i thought i would try overclocking

How could i overclock one of these software, hardware?
Whats best program to use and what frequencys
have u people tried and worked on this EXACT card?
Also say the card did frizz pop bang how would i restart computer without blowing up other the card before i can reset vlaues to default.

overclocking

I use Rivaturner to overclock my Visiontek Geforce3 Ti200. There is also a progam out there called coolbits that allows you to change the Nvidia registry setting to enable overclocking in the additional properties tab for your Nvidia settings. I would advise you to use Rivatuner because Thomas will be updating his Geforce Tweak guide using Rivatuner as the adjusting program. I have overclocked my card to 465 memory 210 core with the cards standard cooling. Defaults for the card were 400 memory 175 core.

You can download RivaTuner here:

http://www.voodoofiles.com/2619

P.S. You have 2 options to overclock with the RivaTuner either low level or driver based. I am really not sure which is best. I choose the low level simply because that is the first one I came across, hopefully Thomas' tweak guide will give us further guidance.

Good Luck

I removed the stock HSF on my GF3, added a copper HS and new fan. I have benchmarked 3dmark2001 at 250/575 using Rivatuner utility. I run my card gaming at 225/525. I use hardware overclock in RT because I'm not sure how low level OC works exactly. :(

I know how to set it, just not sure technically how it works.

Hi,

I've been 'playing' w/'Riva' for a little while now. I've noticed that if you set the 'hardware' overclock, the driver doesn't oc, but if you set the 'driver' oc, it will also 'low level' oc the hardware. :D

Test, apply & save in 'driver' & then open 'hardware' & you'll see it is oc'd to the settings in 'driver'. Try it the other way, & you'll see 'driver' is NOT oc'd, only hardware.

When you use 'Riva', click on the 'monitor' icon in 'driver' & set the 'Digital vibrance' to full for some stunning colors. :grinthumb

HTH,

Thanks Dude

Hey Jav,

That digital vibrance setting was great really brightens up the colors a lot. Have you found any other cool settings pass them on.

I can run a Overclock benchmark at
232 537 3dMark Works and i get 5136
221 508 3dMark Works and i get 5076
199 458 3dMark Works and i get 4944

Nividia Geforce3 (Visiontek i think).
Pentium Coppermine at 1000mhz.
256 133hz (cheap) Memory.
Hauppage WinTV tuner.
SoundBlaster Live WDM.
Saturn MS-6309 Mainboard.
Pioneer 115 16x/40x DVD.
LG CED8080B CD Writer.

What do you people think is the difference between hardware and software overclocking?
The way I see it, "hardware" overclocking a graphics card means changing its BIOS to faster GPU/mem settings so that they take effect immediately when booting. Software overclocking is something done with special programs and that only lasts as long as the computer is running.
That's just what I think.
btw, I have a "hardware" overclocked GeForce2Ti ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back