Daily download: Windows Media Player 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Windows Media Player 10 should be available today when Microsoft provide the download at their planned time of 6 a.m. PDT on Sept. 2, 2004. And, right enough, it looks like you can download it here. This new media player has a number of new features, including a new streamlined look, giving you quicker and easier access to your favorite digital media. It also supports a choice of online music stores, and can sync with a number of devices. There are also smart jukebox features and many other enhancements.

Download here.

I used the beta version for a while, the final version is pretty good. I find it much better than version 9. the new version gives me better sound than winamp does. I like the music library and smart library features.

So you really think audio quality is improved on it even more so than WinAMP?

I'm a WinAMP 5 user and I somewhat miss the MAD plug-in, I believe there was a workaround for making it work but never paid too much attention.

Julio, the audio quality of WMP10 is pretty impressive. I've got the SRS effects enabled and the eq adjusted to a custom curve. I'm using an audigy 2 connected to an Onkyo Home Theater system, all those things combined literally sound like music to my ears when turned on. Winamp sounds good, but WMP10 leaves it behind this time around. Give it a try, you'll like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back