Boot problem with KT4AV (MS-6712)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnugen

Hello all. This is my first post here. I am having a problem that repeats itself no matter what I try. I just purchased an MSI KT4AV (MS-6712) mobo and a stick of PMI 333 DDR 512m ram to upgrade my system some. I have changed nothing but the board and ram and everytime I boot now, it recognizes the ram and all my drives (3 HDD and one CD) then I get a blue screen error message that reads :

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

Check for viruses, remove any new HDD's or new HDD controllers, check HDD to see if it is configured properly and terminated.

Run CHKDSK /F to check for HDD corruption.

TECH INFO
*** STOP:0x0000007 B (0xF894D640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

All my drives worked just fine prior to this install.......I am running the same CPU Athlon 1700+ and an ATI vid card. Bought a Radeon 9550 256m card, it is not likely the problem as my Radeon 9000pro doesn't work either and it worked on the last board fine. I have disconnected everything but my main HDD and I get this error everytime. I cleared the CMOS, tried setting it more like my last board and all. My power supply is 250w, it ran my last board with no issues. There were no viruses present before removal, and I can't do the CHKDSK /F as I don't get far enough into a boot to use a prompt. When I try safe mode, I get the "no parameter" message when I try. Any ideas ???

Welcome to TechSpot

You have made the very common mistake of updating a mobo, without realising that your Windows (any version) needs to be updated as well. That new mobo has very specific drivers on the CD, and Windows needs those to function, not the old drivers from the previous mobo.
The best and cleanest solution would be, to back up your personal data and then re-install Windows from scratch.

Alternatively, have a look at this post:
https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15701

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back