System Exhaust Blower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaft

I'm thinking of putting something like this in the slot above my AGP slot (where there is no PCI/AGP/ISA slot, just a slot to open to the back) http://www.nexfan.com/23/10.htm?786 and some type of intake in an open 3.5" slot. Anybody have any ideas or recommendations?

Nice topic you got there.;)

Are you having heat problems or are you considering a little overclocking ? The more the merrier but the more the noisier.:(

Those "slot" blowers or ok for moving air from around your cards, where it's a Dead :dead: Zone & doesn't seem to circulate.
But I'm in favor of balanced airflow w/ 80mm fans.

I had a problem with one of those exhaust blowers once ages ago.

When it was connected to power supply and fitted under AGP slot, pci slot it gave me too much trouble.

It was short-circuiting my mobo cutting the power out every time i turned it on. Never used it since without any power on problems!

Are you having heat problems or are you considering a little overclocking ? The more the merrier but the more the noisier.

Well I o/c'd my video card and I have an ATA controller 2 slots away from it, but the cables hang over it and a lot of heat gets trapped in between. I figured it would draw some heat away from it.

Concerning the noise issue, it is rated at 26db and runs at 2400rpm according to the specs, which would make it fit under the "quiet PC" category.

Granted, noise ratings are hardly worth basing a decision on, but it proves it isn't THAT noisy. Since it pushes out so much air at such a low RPM, I can only assume it has a "big" noise instead of a "little" noise.. The little ones (I find) are more annoying. Soundwaves generated at lower frequencies are not so easily picked up by the ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back