Best KT333 board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vehementi

I've had about enough of people making fun of me for my original KT266 board, and want to upgrade to the KT333. Was wondering what my options were.

I read the KT333 sysbo roundup over @ anandtech...

I kind of fancy ASUS boards. I like them, but the A7V333 sounds a bit shaky because of the inability to disable the onboard RAID from the BIOS, and the incompatibility w/ Kingston DDR333. It did perform almost the best in all the categories, however...

I would like the AT7's features, like the 6 IDE channels built in, and the onboard Firewire, Ethernet, sound, and all that good stuff :cool:
The problems I have with the AT7 are it's performance, it was rated about 5th or 6th, and the transistors near the socket may not be too comfy with my huge :dead: HSF. It has room for 12 IDE devices, but I can only fit 10 in my case :haha: Plus there's only 3 PCI slots...But that's ok since all I really need to put in there is my 56k modem, and my soundcard if need be...

That MSI KT333 looks pretty good too. Oh the choices :dead:

I'm not getting this supposed new board for a few weeks, if ever, so I have plenty of time to choose

Originally posted by Vehementi
...I kind of fancy ASUS boards. I like them, but the A7V333 sounds a bit shaky because of the inability to disable the onboard RAID from the BIOS...

Just get the version without RAID if you don't need it. I did, and I'm happy. :)

edit: I'm using Crucial 2100 RAM, not Kingston, though. But still...

I just bought a MSI KT333 Ultra 2 Aru and I have to say for the money its an outstanding board. Its very fast, and very stable. In the BIOS you can overclock just about everything you can think of. A big thing to know about any of the kt333 lines of motherboards is that they are really power hungry! Make shure you have a AMD approved power supply when you upgrade, it will save you a little frustration;). Also you can turn off the raid function on the board so you can have an extra 2 ide slots at your displosal
Plus you get some really cool software bundled with the mobo 2. Now if you have about $150.00 dollars to spend, I would get the Soyo Dragon KT333. I've heard that is also a great board from a few of my friends!

Veh, I just wondered why you don't just go with Crucial RAM, especially since you have an ad for it in your signature. Besides, IMO, Crucial is the best.

I don't know...I may find Kingston at a lower price someday and go with it if I want more DDR. But by then they'll support it I'm sure...

I like Crucial, but that's not the only reason I have the ad in my sig. Crucial's a very good brand :grinthumb IMHO too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back