How To Assemble The Ultimate Toolbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

I read this article at Tom's Hardware last week. Its an article on Tom's perfect techie toolbox - basically what to pack into it. Whilst he does go a little too far, in true Tom fashion, its an interesting read and there are some good ideas in there.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/02q3/020820/index.html

Perhaps titling this story "The Ultimate Toolbox" is a little over the top, but the idea behind this story is to give you an idea what tools I think are important to carry with you when you are on the road. This is my everyday toolbox that I use in the lab and when I leave home, and what I have in it reflects the types of repair and troubleshooting problems that I have encountered. Since I happen to run into a lot of networking-related problems, I carry a lot of networking-related tools, as well as my normal computer tools. If you don't work on networks, you obviously won't need to carry these tools.

This article is perhaps better looked at as a recommendation of some of the types of tools you might consider adding to your toolbox. You will probably come up with ideas for other things to add to your toolbox, as well. The end result is that you want to have a collection of tools that will serve your needs on work assignments, while having all of those tools in one location that is portable. Although organizing a toolbox isn't as much fun as playing the latest computer game, it will save you time and future headaches, so that when you are pressed into service, you are ready.....

http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/02q3/020820/index.html

Great link Phantasm - I think I'm gonna start assembling one.

LNCPapa

Maximum PC ran an article similar to that earlier this year, theirs was huge.

I'll look for the issue and post anything that is different from the TomsHardware guide.

Wow, what's kinda weird is I have a tub in my closet with most of that stuff in there. Granted on a lower level...but most of the same stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back