GeForce FX even more delayed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGaribaldi

According to Warp2search the GeForce FX won't hit the streets in February!

Originally posted @ warp2search:
Today I phoned with one of the biggest german suppliers of hardware about the availability of GeForce FX boards and they told me they can not give me any date, but that no shipments are scheduled for February. He told me that the card will not be available by this timeframe.
Also the supplier has no information or marketing papers about any manufacturers cards including Asus and Sparkle.

Read more about it here...

ahhhh the Loch Ness FX remains an elusive target.:D

even groups that have been promised pre production engeneering samples for testing havent received them and they say that they have been told that they cant even be given a time frame of when they will get them for testing. at this rate ATI is going to be launching their R350 chipset cards either with the FX or very shortly there after. in fact it wouldnt suprise me that ATI's new card will be available about the same time that the FX finally makes it onto store shelves in quantity.

there is allready widespread dissatisfaction with Nvidia's vaporware FX which is only going to increase when there is no cards by the end of January or even Feb. as promised.

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!

sightings of the UFX ( Unavailable FX) remain unconfirmed and claimed landings ( on retailers shelves) have so far proven to be false. this news however has not daunted the Nvidia Faithful who plan on holding candlelight vigils at major retailers in Jan and Feb wearing white robes and chanting......welcome FX......welcome.......join with us that we may be one............

:haha:

Disclaimer:the above is a parody and any resemblence to any persons living, dead or still hoping to buy a FX card anytime soon is purely coincidental.

Personally the only thing im anticipating about the geforce fx is that it will lower prices on other cards :).

Ouch that's a bummer. Here's another one, according to ActionTrip the card will be selling for 692 Euros ($700). Heres what they had to say, "According to the online store we mentioned in this news-story, the first graphics cards on the latest VPU from NVIDIA will appear only in late February or even early March. The Club3D graphics card is equipped with D-Sub, DVI-I and TV-Out connectors. It features 256MB of DDR-II SDRAM and the GeForce FX 5800 Ultra VPU running probably at 1000/500MHz respectively. Currently the product is priced at 692 Euro. (which is around $700 bucks)

Wait, wait, wait... $700 dollars for a video card?! That is ridiculous. Weren't US stores taking pre-orders for like $400 bucks? What gives?"

Wow, so does that like suck, or what!!!

See more here at: http://www.actiontrip.com
Oh and Iss, :haha:, good one.

Originally posted by Maximus
Wait, wait, wait... $700 dollars for a video card?! That is ridiculous. Weren't US stores taking pre-orders for like $400 bucks? What gives?"

Wow, so does that like suck, or what!!!

See more here at: http://www.actiontrip.com
Oh and Iss, :haha:, good one.

People were saying this about the Geforce 1 when it debuted at 300+ dollars prices. You can clearly see the trend in graphics vs capital here. Note this is not inflation, but just plain higher prices, repspectively. :rolleyes:

Well, this is getting ludicrous!

The 9700pro GF4 ti46 etc started at 4-500$, but dropped to a lower price after just a short time... They are still expensive, but since it's the latest offerings from ATI and Nvidia, that's expected...

But retailing a card for 700$, that's just crazy...
The only one's who'll be buying that have either too much money, or are so in love with Nvidia, they'd buy the card even if they have to sell their house.....

Allthough, for Nvidia, it might not be that important to sell the cards in volume, but just to get back the speed king title... As long as they've got that, people will buy Nvidia, since "Hey, they got the fastest card on the market, that must mean they've got the best cards overall..."

anyone who jumps out straight away when these cards become available is either very rich or very stupid. but it should lower the prices of high end geforce 4 cards which is good news for all, and they will eventually drop to a more realistic price.

It's errie when you think about it. Voodoo 5 was delayed a lot (as GeForce FX seemingly is), now from Pers work we see GeForce FX uses some internal power connector like Voodoo 5 as well. Just the start of bad omens?

Naa I wouldnt think of it like that Thomas.
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SNGX1275
I can't imagine anyone other than millionares buying something that expensive.

[Nick:]
or vehementi's parents buying one for veh
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LoL -Nice1 bud...:D Cheers

Originally posted by Nick
or vehementi's parents buying one for veh ;) ;)

My dad doesn't have a job and my mom works at the school district. Yeah, they make so much money as to buy me a $700 video card. I cannot remember the last time my mom buying me something extraneous beyond a holiday present. Not really a 'nice one' agissi since I pay for just about everything of mine out of my own pocket. Watch as I never get an FX and stick with my 8500 for a long time since I'm playing sports instead of working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back