IE won't open new windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

poertner_1274

IE won't open new java based windows

Ok, I like going to www.tvguide.com to see what is on TV. Well I know this worked last night, but for some reason today when I try to click on a show to see exactly what is going to be on (i.e. it says college basketball but if you click it says who is playing)

Now I can't get that to work on ANY website. It just loads FOREVER....never actually works. I noticed the problem when I was trying to upload my resume and couldn't preview it.

Anyway if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Edit: Ok I think I explained it bad. When you click on a link that is supposed to open a new java type window (I think it's java) it just sits there forever.

I also seem to be getting a lot of run time errors. I am not sure if that has anything to do with it, but it might.....Thanks.

Ok, I have determined that it IS a java error, because the pages that need to be opened, on multiple websites, are java based. So I looked for a way to repair java, but coudn't find anything. Shoud I just reinstall the SUN based java program over the existing one?

Just an update, I have switched to Opera now and it works fine. I would still like to know if there is a way to fix this though.

Opening new windows isn't generally done using Java, but Javascript.

Perhaps your security settings are not allowing the script to run.

Well true Rick. It is JavaScript, I was mistaken. I am not sure why it would all of the sudden just stop working. I never played with anything in optoins.

I keep getting run time errors as well. Even on TS every once in a while. I am not sure what htey are from, but I am almost positive that they are related in one.

I had a similar problem to what you are having poertner. The version of XP PRO that I have failed to install Microsoft Virtual Machine, which left me unable to visit sites with java code. In internet options under the advanced tab there is supposed to be Microsoft VM in between HTTP 1.1 settings and Multimedia. If it is not there you must be experiencing the same problems as I was. To fix this, I downloaded Microsoft VM from kazaa and everything worked perfectly after this. Good luck.

I did a brief look through there before, but I didn't find any relevant topics....I guess it is all in what you search for. I'll check it out and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back