Computer Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

CompuGeek247

Just wondering what you guys have for an average system temperature.

mine is 90 degrees F. Thats for just a sensor in the middle of the computer not on any devices or anything. Nothing is affecting it and its not in any hotspots.

so whats yours?

CompuGeek247: 90'F is pretty normal. I think I get around 80-95, depending on the room temperature. (The room my PC is in, is the hottest room in the house). Though I dont pay as much attention to my case temperature as I do the processor temperature, mainly because I have so many fans running inside my case (1x80mm IN, 1x80mm OUT, 1x120mm fan cooling my PCI/AGP cards).

Im really lucky my CPU hasnt been fryed. On a load it runs at about 195F+!! And like 180 idle. Thats because my case has no fans, and the stock cooler the CPU came with. I know what I want to get, an SK7 with a Vantec Stealth fan, but that'll run me $35. Im still in debt $2000 (dirt bike). To ease the temps, I leave the side of my case off, that helps alot. Only like 170 load now :D

Agissi you are cutting it CLOSE!

I recommend the Thermalright SLK-900 with at least an 80mm fan, preferabbly a 92mm fan. Vantec has a "Tornado" 92mm fan that pushes 119cfm for about $19 I believe. You can the the HS off of Ebay for about $45 or so. This would be a VERY good choice for you and I really suggest you get something better SOON before you really do fry that processor, and I mean soon!

Awe relax Acid, its only been like that for a year or so :hotbounce Hehe, shes doin' just fine. Another tid bit, I want my PC to be totally silent. Hince no fans ;) The only thing currently making noise is the CPUs fan. Thats why I'll get a silent/stealth vantec.

I can get a SK7 for $21, and a vantec stealth fan for $7 (which pushes 27CFM). That'll do me just fine :D

heh.. my cooling stinks...
I get 65 C max on load... 52 idle...
I'm gonna get a Coolermaster Aero 7 soon... and probably a new case... so i'll be fine...

Acid, I've personally experienced agissi's comp, you can put your ear up to it and not hear anything...that thing is quiet as hell, albeit very hot. Wasn't I the one that recommended the SK7/Vantec Stealth to ya agissi?

(BTW another thing Acid, the Tornando sounds LIKE a tornado, I don't thnik he'd want that :D)

ok agissi u are a complete ***** no offense. You don't wanna spend 35 dollars for a fan but ur willing to take the risk of fryingur CPU and setting u back at least 150???? That's makes a lot of sense....

Its not a money issue, its a noise issue - I want my PC to be quiet. You must be one of the fags from eocf if you register just to make such a post. I was "risking" my cpu, but it was fine. And wise guy, ala "*****", a 2500+ cost $80, not 150, thank you very much. It was my decision to run my PC that hot for that long, and my bussiness, so quit Bi!chin about it.

Originally posted by bigb0b
ok agissi u are a complete ***** no offense.

Originally posted by ---agissi---
You must be one of the fags from eocf if you register just to make such a post. It was my decision to run my PC that hot for that long, and my bussiness, so quit Bi!chin about it.

You guys want to take this outside please. This is no place for such childish behavior.

ok i realized yes that was dumb behavior to use, but i was reffereing to a "good" cpu not a +2500 or w.e you said. And how silent must it be, mines silent and i have plenty of fans.

You guys ever consider a Zalman flower-cooler? Now THAT is silent. Big 92mm fan which (in my PC) runs at only 2200rpm.
I have an Athlon 1900XP with Zalman CNPS6000-Cu, and my idle CPU-temp. is about 28 C, full load never over 32 C. Lian-Li alu case with 2x 80mm front intake (speed-adjustable), 1x 80mm at the rear and a QuietPC 400W PSU with 2 fans. I can hardly hear it.

NOTE: THE NEXT PERSON WHO USES BAD LANGUAGE OR GETS INTO STUPID FLAME WARS ABOUT OCing, etc, IS GOING TO GET A SMACK FROM MY LIGHTSABER. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

Woo phant laying it down :D Yea I did read about the Zal. Flower, but what I decided to do (keeps my CPU cooler then the flower does) is just put a 20db fan on top of the heatsink ;) Though ofcourse the flower would be quiter, with no fans :)

Just try to behave. Its been a long time since we banned anyone I think (apart from complete head cases) but its more of a military dictatorship here as opposed to a democracy.

Originally posted by acidosmosis
CompuGeek247: 90'F is pretty normal. I think I get around 80-95, depending on the room temperature. (The room my PC is in, is the hottest room in the house). Though I dont pay as much attention to my case temperature as I do the processor temperature, mainly because I have so many fans running inside my case (1x80mm IN, 1x80mm OUT, 1x120mm fan cooling my PCI/AGP cards).

So many fans? That's 3. I have 4 intake and 3 exhaust fans in my case. That's 7. (And I run them all off a Vantec Nexus so the noise is awesome - the loudest thing is my 10,000RPM SATA hard drive - it made seeking noises when I first got it, but now I actually don't hear it much at all anymore. The rest of my 4 hard drives are very quiet, especially my 120G WD SE, which is virtually silent.)

And agissi I don't know how hard it would be for you to go to a store and buy like a minimum of 2 80mm case fans for your space heater of a computer. No processor should ever run that hot, you are seriously cutting down on the life of both that processor and your system board, not to mention every other thing in your case because your ambient temp is so freaking hot.

And I got freaked out when my CPU was running load at 122F.

Originally posted by Phantasm66
Just try to behave. Its been a long time since we banned anyone I think (apart from complete head cases) but its more of a military dictatorship here as opposed to a democracy.

And besides that, he's threatening to show us his......errrr.......saber.

{runs like hell}

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back