CDRW question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalaji

Hey guys I hope you can help me out with this. I have a Sony CRX225E CDRW which says its a 52X burner. With closer inspection it says "18X-40X P-CAV" and 21X-52X CAV (turbo mode max.) What is turbo mode and how do i get my burner up there. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Lalaji

funny you should mention this, because I had the same question about this burner / related burners... and I finally found out, when I, get this, read the manual :)

Once you put a CD in the burner, hold down the eject button for five seconds. When you do this, the burner LED will flash... this indicates that the burner has switched from 40x Read/Write mode to 52 Read/Write mode.

You have to do this every time you want to enable 52x reading or writing, sony implemented it as a safety feature more or less. Anyways.. I like this burner, I hope you enjoy it too... and it DOES burn well at 52x. Have fun!

Is this with all cdrws? maybe its why my friends wont burn :mad: His is an MSI CDRW....just doesnt wanna go. It'll read cds and all fine, just no burning.

Originally posted by ---agissi---
Is this with all cdrws? maybe its why my friends wont burn :mad: His is an MSI CDRW....just doesnt wanna go. It'll read cds and all fine, just no burning.

I don't believe it is for all optical burners. To be sure check your manual or visit the manufacturers website.

Not for all burners - check the graph I posted some time back of my LiteOn 52X.

So what you are saying soul, is that after i close the tray hold theeject button for 5 seconds? or should i just hold it down when i initially close the tray? Unfortunately i got an OEM version that was just the drive. No manual. Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back