Are You an Internet Addict?

bobcat

This may well be a redundant question here, but let’s see.

Guide to understanding an Internet addict's day:

• Slow day: didn't have much to do, so spent three hours on the Internet.
• Busy day: managed to work in three hours of Internet.
• Bad day: barely squeezed in three hours of Internet.

Seems more like 5 hours with me.
I’m sure there are many more criteria, and equally sure I meet most of them.

How long do you spend on the internet?
Are you an addict?
Does it affect your normal life? If you have any that is!
Do you know any cures?
Most of all, do you want to be cured?

im an addict. including online gaming, and web browsing/forum trolling.... I probably spend close to 8-10 hours a day on the internet.

Yeah, I am. I spend most of my time on the internet. I spend anywhere from 4-8 hrs(Intermittently) online. It is reduced to four during to summer time, when i am out doing random stuff. I view
my time spent online as a learning experience, therefore I do not think I want to be cured.

I view
my time spent online as a learning experience, therefore I do not think I want to be cured.

Same here. Though I would like to reduce my time.

I have no clue how long I am on the net, but at least 3 hours a day.

Shouldn't this have been made into a poll? IE; "How do you handle it when you can't get on the web"?

(1) I feel like I want to snuff it when the net goes down

(2) I get bad shakes, but wish to continue on against my will

(3) I can turn the computer off, but I still need to sit in front of it, staring at my own reflection. (Yeah, sort of like Narcissis).

(4) I suffer only mild nausea, which I can almost handle.

(5) I've briefly considered a vacation in a remote area without a wireless.

Well thought out alternatives captaincranky, but in fact I suspect that the real vote is between (1) and (2).

Here is a more positive view:

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they don't bother you for weeks.

My job makes me an addict, Im a lab assistant at a computer lab on a college campus somewhere. If nobody needs help I have nothing to do so the internet becomes my friend

OK people listen up...
I been using computers since 1994,
and i been surfing the net since 1998.

But this doesn't meant i have to become
a slave of my own computer or the Internet,
of course not, we are the one who control things
so don't let these adictions get hold of your self.

here is what i normally do on my bases routines with
my computer, programming, surf the net for my drivers
and for some other things. normally i am not that good
with games any more, i used to like then and i still like then,
but not that much like many users that spent hours with games.
i also like blogs and forums like many of you, but i never forget
to reduce the time i spent and every of the stuf i do on these things.

Anyways, there are many injuries causing by your computer...
your hands, your eyes, your back, your feets, and many more.
so becarefull on not to stay for so many hours with your computer.

The history continue...

Sincerely, Jerk

There is no need to enter to one of those web pages
where you can run a test of your self in all those forms.
you can actually tell by yourself if you are an addinct or not.

thats it.

Well you need to admit addiction to yourself first, and be aware of it
How many of us have gone on the computer for 5mins at 8:30pm, and got off at 1am; Oh that's why the other half was so upset !

If you agree with the following statement, then there is no longer a cure for your addiction:

Work is for people who don't have internet access.

To me, that’s self evident and taken for granted! :D

1) I dunno, depends really. At max...3 to 5 maybe
2) Mmm, not totally
3) Nope nope.
4)....read a book?
5) Meh, I'm happy the way I am

I guess I'm an avergae.

bobcat said:
Work is for people who don't have internet access

Erm, nuuuuu I don't think so.

I used to be an addict. I played games, check emails, find movies, browsing web pages, go to stores, But now I am too busy I only checked emails now and then.

I am definitely on the verge of it for example right now i am supposed to be studying for a test but i find myself looking through these forums

I spend most of my time on the computer practicing Counter-Strike. I currently play in CAL-IM. Besides that I also use to talk to my girlfriend.

Your Score: 46

You are an average on-line user. You may surf the Web a bit too long at times, but you have control over your usage.

I believe I'm an addict, but really only on weekdays. On an average weekday I spent a good 12 hours on the internet. Keep in mind though 8 hours of this is at work in IT. I'm not saying work is all I do during that time, but that is part of my excuse. I think it does affect my normal life during the week as I'd much rather be alone in a dark room than communicate with anybody during work and after work. On weekends I still hang out with real life friends, get out of the house, and do console gaming so I don't think it's that bad. The only cure would be for internet not to be available anymore and no, I definitely do not want cured.

I scored 58, and i do want to cut down.

A great way is to either unplug your internet cable / disable your internet, or use Comcast and hit their limits for internet usage. I think its like 250 gb a month or 15 mins of high bandwidth activity, then blocking for 15 mins.

Back