Problems installing programs on WinXP SP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostyr0d

So I just formatted my HDD and did a fresh install of WinXP.

But now when i download a file etc, when i run it it says "NSIS Error This installer you are trying to use it corrupt or incomplete."

This is very annoying, since i cant install programs anymore.

When i install other programs, it said "Some files were corrupted, please dl a fresh copy".

WinRAR also says, when extracting files that there was an error with the passowrd, but it is correct.

The message i get when installing programs varies.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

There are two things you can try. the first would be to run System File Checker. with the XP disk in the drive open a command prompt and type sfc /scannow this will run SFC and replace any missing or damaged system files. the other is to run windows update. depending on what service pack your disk has there is a updated windows installer utility after SP2.

go to MS and dwnload the newest installer
wait how can you install it
go to run cmd window
typemsiexec.exe /unregister, and then press ENTER.
Type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.
Verify that the SYSTEM account has full control access permissions to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT hive in the Windows registry. In some cases, you may also have to add Administrator accounts.
Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
Click the following registry hive:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT On the Edit menu, click Permissions.
If SYSTEM is not listed in the Group or user names list, click Add, make sure that the local computer name appears in the From this location box, type system in the Enter the object names to select box, click Check Names, and then click OK.
Click SYSTEM in the Group or user names list, and then select the Full Control check box under Allow in the Permissions for SYSTEM box.
Click Apply, click OK, and then quit Registry Editor,reboot
credit to win-xp-sp.blogspot.com
you may get lucky and the new installer may just run
hope your the admin for the machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back