BSOD STOP: 0x000..... errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I've read this site for quite a while now, there's a great number of helpful people and useful tips that have seen me through quite a lot but I've hit a problem that's got me stumped and I can't find the answer on here already so I wanted to ask for your dump reading skills.

I have an Alienware
Athlon 64 FX-55
ABit AV8 mobo
2Gb Samsung DDR PC3200
GeForce 6800 Ultra
There is an SB Audigy 2 in there but it hasn't worked for a little while and I've just switched it off in the "sometime soon" category and been using onboard recently

Recently it has become quite unstable and started BSODing quite frequently. I have gone through a phase of writing down the file that the BSOD is claiming had died, rebooting, looking it up and fixing it e.g. nv4_disp.dll, win32k.sys or port.sys.

This would work for a couple of weeks until the next one started playing up but this latest one has got me comletely stumped.

I can't get into Windows in normal mode. I get to the desktop, a couple of my startup progs load and then it dies. This time it doesn't tell me what's gone wrong, I get this message:

STOP: 0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x8062BFBF....)

This much is the same every time, the last 2 change.

Having done my reading I have got as far as it's overheating, PSU, duff memory or driver.

I have got uGuru (why can't Abit users have MBM? Sorry, different rant :evil: ) and it says that the CPU is plodding along quite happily between 52-55 degrees.

PSU could be on the way out. Voltages look fine but I can't work out how to see amps in uGuru (Tips greatly received)

Mem test has come back fine after >20 passes

Drivers I'm inclined to believe is the problem at the moment. I might well have downloaded something not quite right while fixing the last lot of problems but I have no idea of finding out which one which is where you come in.

Attached are 5 of the dumps from my night of frustration. If you need more there's plenty more where that came from :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Mini120806-03.zip
    85.9 KB · Views: 5
Registry is corrupted

All of the minidumps are crashed with same symptom.

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 8062bfbf, b625598c, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlpa.exe ( nt!HvpGetCellMapped+5f )

The registry is corrupted. Refer this problem and and another problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back