Error message: Entry Point Not Found ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi to all,
I have a Notebook Acer Travelmate 3010 with Windows XP Pro.I have been receiving the following error message when I first start the computer

RtkBtMnt.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point setupdienumdeviceinterfaces could not be located in the dynamic link library SETUPAPI.dll.

Please help me.

this file is part of the set for the onboard realtek sound card. It has probably be caused by a recent windows update. I posted a note about this a few days ago but cannot find it now - sorry!
I suggest you download all the available windows updates and run them - there is a second update which corrects the first one.

Found it!
Windows Update screwing up Realtek Sound Card drivers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A recent Windows updated is causing the following error message on machines supplied with Realtek sound cards:

Rthdcpl.exe - Illegal System DLL Relocation

Or

The system DLL user32,dll was relocated in memory The Application will not run properly.The relocation occurred because DLL C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for windows system DLLs The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DDL.

Microsoft have released a fix for this problem, which can be downloaded from the following location:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/

I suspect that a later Windows Update contains a fix for this, so ignoring the thing may well pay off!

Hi,
I have a similar problem in that , as you mentioned, occurred after the latest automatic windows update. My problem is more serious though as i can not gain access to my computer at all...all i get is a blue screen with the message 'STOP: C00000139 (Entry Point Not Found)The procedure entry point FlSSEtvalue could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. I am at a loss to what I should do :-(

just fyi: RtkBtMnt.exe - Entry Point Not Found
the EXE is out of sync with the DLL noted (SETUPAPI.dll.)

these errors are always maintenance related.

Agreed - but the bugger with this one is that Microsoft are responsible and have in the meanwhile produced a sneaky fix without telling anyone they screwed it up in the first place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back