What is the best software review sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my searches keep bringing up biased review sites. I am trying to find what burning software is the best to buy now.

Cnet doesn't really cover it. PC world appears to be going under and has not current reviews. What others are there that are not too biased to the their owners pay offs??!!!

Do you know what is the best burning software to use these days on a pc?

Can be personal choice
And some burning programs come with the Drive

I like Nero, but others may disagree (ver 7 Kind of went over the top)

I agree about the reviews, everyone's got their own take on these things (including tech boards!)

why do you like Nero?

I have Nero now and I think it works fine. It is an older version and some people are not able to play the DVD's I am making for them. I suspect it is because my software needs updating. I think I have version 5. But can you give more details as to why you like Nero 7 and have you compared it to any others?

What made Nero 7 seem to go over the top?

thanks!

and some people are not able to play the DVD's I am making for them
Being a tech, I've seen every writing program there is (from free to expensive)
I'm also aware, that many users report Nero 6 as the best (especially on gaming and movie boards)

I won't be able to go into all the ins and outs, because, basically, that would be another full review! Just like the reviews already out there. It's a bit personal choice, some users hate Nero some like it.

Nero7 and Nero8 have become very web or Internet based, going along with every other new program out there, including games. That's why when it comes to simplicity I like Nero6.

Regarding the movies not playing on all recorders, this can be related to the region codes, the way in which it is burnt, and even the manufactured recorder.
The answer to this, is usually it'll play on a computer everytime, but some recorders (newer more expensive ones) do better checks on discs, and if a copied protected movie is found on a copied disc, the recorder may not play it. The answer: Buy a cheap DVD recorder that doesn't check for any protections, or play it on your computer.

Most users still use dvdshrink32 (you'll have to search Google for that, due to legal reasons) and then burn with Nero. But in reality there are a whole range of programs that can copy Movies.

No copy protection burned

I realize most people are trying to burn copy protected material and having problems playing it on various players. But my stuff is my own video and when shipping to people with various dvd players it is not playing. No copy protection...I wondered if that could be due to old software?

Is it possible to purchase nero 6? I have nero 5...would it be that different as concerned with being able to play on all dvd's (non-copy protected material?).

HEY!!!...Thanks a bunch for your help. I love being able to talk to a brain!!!

cheers, k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back