Recommend a Video Card Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain_Jon

I rushing to build a computer for my daughter who is away at university... (her computer just died!)

I plan to use a ASUS A7N8X-E-DX motherboard; 512MB PC3200 RAM; AMD Athlon XP2600+ processor; and 120Gb hard drive.

My question to this forum is what Video Card should I consider? While she is not a gamer, I would like to get something that has good resolution yet won't break the bank...

As you can see from my profile, I am building her computer much like mine... I just don't think she needs the same level of video...

Any ideas... thanks.

Matrox are the best in that kind of situation yet fairly pricy

A Radeon 7000 can be found new for under 30 dollars and can actually handle some fairly recent games as well as do two monitors. Connect3D make a good one.

Well....i cannt suggest u Asus mobo at all...they have always been problematic for me...i hate asus to be frank...i currently have MSI mobo and it simply rocks....its based on Kt400 chipset and is still very strong also did 400mhz of overclocking on that with my stock HSF.

and about Video card i would suggest u to get Geforce 3Ti 200 its a very sweet card though....never get a mobo with onboard coz it shares ram as well..hence makes a system to run bit slower...getting AGP card is much better option.

I'm having terrible problems with an MSI motherboard...

Anyway, why bother with anything higher than the cheapest cruddiest card you can find if all your daughter will do is document work/websurfing/dvd's. The Radeon 7000 is the cheapest of the lot mentioned so far.

Asus are my favorite

Mic, why a Geforce4MX when a 5200 runs the same price?

I would put a GeforceFX 5200 in there.

The ati 9200 128 cards are great bang for the buck they can be found for around 50 bucks and will be more then she will ever need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back