IE problem - very very slow (pretty sure not spyware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glitzyglamgirl

I havnt run IE for a while as i use firefox, but have been trying to run a kitchen planner on the B&Q website that only works in Internet Explorer. However, on opening IE it is really really slow to open the homepage, and when it finally does browsing is impossible, worse than dial up speeds!

Im running windows XP Proffesional, a 2mg broadband connection over the standard DSLMON adsl modem, the latest version of IE, I have updated everything possible and run both ad-aware and spybot - a few minor problems were found and fixed but still the same. AVG doesnt pick up anything either.

Firefox runs perfectly with no lagging or hitches atall, so im at a loss as to what is going on with IE!

I dont have any installation discs for windows so cant try any registry fixes, and ive checked the winsoc files - there is only 1. Any other suggestions?

If I cant fix this problem, its not a big deal as I much prefer firefox, but maybe theres an add-on someone will know about allowing me to use flash websites that are configured only for IE, on firefox?

thanks x

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Is this the only website you`re having a problem with in IE?

Have you got the latest version of flash player?

You need to download and install this via IE, for it to work with IE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Its not just the website im trying to get to, its everything. So I cant use IE to download anything as its just impossible lol!

Its like its trying to load the pages, and I get no error messages or "page unavailable", it just seems stuck if that makes sense?

Just to make sure it`s not a malware problem. Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Post a HJT log into this thread, after you have competed the above.

If it turns out to be malware related, I`ll move this thread to the security and the web forum.

If it turns out that it`s nothing to do with malware, I`ll just delete your HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

There are a couple of entries that may be causing some problems. A lot depends on whether you know what they are.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = 219.93.211.74:80 If you don`t use a proxy server, or you have not set this yourself, it should be fixed.

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{28F55A98-3C25-4D2B-828A-8539B9A36F2D}: NameServer = 80.225.252.58 80.225.252.50 If this does not belong to your ISP, it should be fixed.

To fix an entry in HJT. Run HJT and place a tick in the little box next to the entry you want to fix and click on the fix checked button. Once done, Close HJT.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards Howard :)

That seems to have done the trick so thank you very much, my new kitchen will thank you also now I can design it lol

I did used to run on a proxy so maybe thats what the problem was?

Thanks again, jax x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back