HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help (April - July 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't used the laptop in a while started it up and forgot the admin password, the admin is the only user on the laptop so i cant even get my old files how do i change or remove the password?

Help for lost password on OmniBook XE3

I am new to this site; so bear with me If I don't do it right. I am looking for help to open a lost password on OmniBook XE3. This is a hand me down from a grandchild. He does not remember the pass words used by different people that has used this old computer. Can anyone help with this problem. Is there a jumper someplace that can be removed?
budm2849

Is this "lost" password used to get into Windows? Is there more than one user on the sign in screen?

If the answers are both yes, boot the computer into the Safe Mode, Administrator, and select the password protected user account(s) and use the "remove the password" option. reboot the system into Windows

Hashcode 07547 on HP nx9010

Hi guys

i need your help too for my laptop...
this is a old HP nx9010 w/bios password...

System Hash Code is 07547.

Thanks for your aid.

Find system Hash code??

How can I find the system hash code on my Dell Latitude D531??

And how do I manage to get the BIOS password??

- Lokern

I only have a restricted user, and Costumer Service at Dell need the hash code to create a new BIOS password.

I can access the BIOS but I can't change anything in it, because I need the admin password.

OK, but I can't boot from anything but the hard drive.
So what shall I do then??

And how can I get the Hash code on my laptop??

Dell Inspiron 600m locked hard-drive password

I have a Dell Inspiron 600m and whenever I boot it up, I get the white error screen telling me I have a locked hard-drive password. I never set up a password though, does anybody know what password I could use to unlock the hard-drive? The error message says "hard-disk #***********-595B is protected by a password authentication system." I saw on here that someone else had the same problem and someone was able to give him the password he needed. My service tag is
FPL8N61 if that helps!

Search the forums, there are quite a few threads regarding this at the moment ;). You can just click the link in my signature to begin your search.

Zenosincks is right but maybe you can save the time because from what I know about the dell password philosophy the master password for harddisk drives is being generated from the code given in the gray/white screen. if your code is all about asteriks the chances are low to generate a password from that.
the code has to look like this for example #ABCDE12345-595B

i tried some of their backdoor passwords for my dell laptop but it didn't work, has anyone had anyluck with the sites tedster posted?

No, most of that information will not work on Dell latitudes or inspirons or XPS laptops manufactured after May of 2005. All that information, though good, is old... most of it prior to March 05, 2003, and some goes back to 1998 or earlier.

oh ok

that is true too, i will save those links as a bookmark, never know when i may get someone that locks out with an older pc

HP / Dell / etc. Laptop password help (April - June 2008)

Please post all your inquiries regarding Dell or HP or (any other brand) laptop passwords here.

Any other posts made outside of this thread may get deleted or merged here.

This thread effectively replaces the previous one which received over 500 responses.

thanks for re-open this forum

i hope that all the things that they place here make sense

Need major help on a dell inspiron b130

I did a transfer of ownership cause this laptop was given to me and the previous owner can't be found. the warranty is out since jan 08, dell wants to charge me over 100.00 to reset the bios password that comes up on a gray and white screen. I just need to get into it so can reinstall windows xp and i searched this whole forum and i heard that service tags ending in -595B will not work and some say it does, my service tag is G8DNBC1 and Express code is 35335169569, i read from a post by the legendary rustm_ that he can't give out a master password for that tag ending in -595B and we can't Ask him about it.... can anyone help me please!!

I got a Pm for my Hashcode 11117, but unfortunately the password "eqgd58y" does not work. I'll post it here since I can't send a reply to the PM as I don't have 10 posts yet.

quietas said:
I got a Pm for my Hashcode 11117, but unfortunately the password "eqgd58y" does not work. I'll post it here since I can't send a reply to the PM as I don't have 10 posts yet.

is that for your dell that is the same model as mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back