PC crashes/reboots itself, I need professional help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danascus

My PC has been acting very annoying lately, here are my specs...

P4 3.2G
2G RAM
P4P800-SE mobo
GeForce 6800 256 megs w/Silencer 4 attached
SB Audigy 4 soundcard
550W PSU
Windows XP w/ all updates

Latly my windows explorer and MS Outlook have been crashing, and now my pc reboots itself when trying to load Everquest 2. EQ2 used to run w/o any issues, and I had Nortons Utility/Antivirus until it started screwing up in me, so yesterday I uninstalled it and am now using PC Pitstop, AVG antivirus, and Zonealarm. I also updated to the 91.47 forceware driver for my vidcard. I have attached all the mini dumps I have received for today, so what is on it is all current.

Attachments

• Mini102906-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 10
  • Mini102906-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini102906-03.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
  • Mini102906-04.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 6
  • Mini102906-05.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 6
You've got two anti-virus programs running - AVG and CA Anti-Virus. You'll have to uninstall one of them to see if that's the problem.

I've marked the files in the attached text file of the dump, the info that I found was that they belong to CA Anti-Virus.

Attachments

• Danascus.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 11
ok, i have found the files on my pc, I do use PC Pitstop from the company CA, is it part of the prog? if not, how do I get rid of the files?

From the limited info I could find, the files belong to eTrust EZ Antivirus. Check the Add or Remove programs list for an entry.

THIS was about the best info to confirm what the files belong to.

I think I found the source of the AV program, I just started to use ZoneAlarm, I will uninstall it and see I f can reinstall w/o the av prog, but I was having these issues before I installed it, but will see what effect it has once I do this.

Ok, uninstalled zonealarm, reinstalled it and left the antivirus part of the program disabled. Now it looks like the issue is still nv4_disp.dll, which is video I believe. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Danascus said:
Ok, uninstalled zonealarm, reinstalled it and left the antivirus part of the program disabled. Now it looks like the issue is still nv4_disp.dll, which is video I believe. Any ideas on how to fix it?
update drivers?

yes, vid drivers are updated, I uninstalled them through add/remove programs, then deleted nvidia folder, then uninstalled from device manager, then used driver cleanup pro, then rebooted, then reinstalled.

Three of the dumps point to a memory problem, run Memtest86+ to test your RAM, or you can try running only one stick at a time.

This error can apply to any memory in your system, including video memory.

first stick of ram: Test 1- 2043 errors, test 2 - 24526 errors, test 4 - 10633 errors, test 5 - 9798 errors, test 7 - 16015 errors, test 8 - 2048 errors

yup, so far it looks like the first stick I tested was a bad stick, no errors on the second one i am running, so it looks like my problem may be solved, will boot up and test games after second test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back