HJT log check, yes i followed all the directions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvymetal86

I was told to follow these steps in the investigation of video problem in this, https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic61931.html and followed all the steps in the locked post that i was supposed to. found some stuff with the online scanners and only 4 tracking cookies with AVG Antispyware, (all removed sucessfully) and it has not fixed the problem. I am somewhat familiar with HJT and I don't see anything suspicious in the following log, but i could be wrong. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Download LSPFix from http://cexx.org/lspfix.htm
1. Disconnect from the Internet, go to the LSPfix file and extract/unzip LSP-Fix into its own folder [C:\lspfix].
2. Open the lspfix folder and double-click on LSPFix.exe to start the program.
3. Check the "I know what I am doing" checkbox.
4. Select (highlight) all instances of ufilter.dll in the left column under "Keep".
5. Click the arrow >> so it goes over to the right column under "Remove".
6. Click "Finish" and LSPfix will remove references to the file and restore the chain numbers.
7. Restart your computer

It appears you`re not running any antivirus or firewall software. This is a huge security risk.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of hvymetal86 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for your help Howard. I did the LSPfix thing and followed your instructions exactly. But it kinda screwed up my computer. on restart it took forever and a day to boot (it was like 12 secs before) and the start bar never showed up, manage was absent from the right click menu on my computer, most of my programs didn't start, ect. I restarted again and went into safe mode, so problems in both my admin account and my normal account. in the admin one i did ctrl+alt+del>file>run "cmd" navigated to my antivirus's folder in program files (I do have one and its firewall, VCOM System Suite 7) and used its restore to earlier checkpoint utility to undo whatever LSPfix did and now my machine is back to what i was before. I went through the trojan page before i even started this thread, but here are new logs like you asked for.

I apologise for the Vcom error, I was under the impression that the ufilter.dll file was undesirable. Obviously it`s not and I have put it into my data base for future reference.

Your HJT log is clean.

Therefore, I suggest you go back to your other thread and point out that your system is clean.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of hvymetal86 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back