4GB of data lost - URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

logan_657

My brother recently deleted one of my folders (accidentally) containing about 4Gb worth of stuff. About 3 quarters of it is from sites that have closed down and some from a mail-list that doesn't keep archives of files they send.

What I need is a program to recover the lost files WITH the directory/file-structure intact.

I found one program called 'ADRC_Data_Recovery_Tools_v1.0' which says it does just that, I put it on C:\ (the deleted stuff is on E:\) and it has found 10,000+ deleted files on C:\ but when I ask it to check E:\, it just finishes the search instantly and there are no results (no error message either).

Now, I also found a program called 'Restoration V3.2.13' which has found over 140,000(!) deleted files on E:\ but it can only recover individual files, not the folder/directory structure as well.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated, otherwise could someone point me to either a free program that can recover deleted files & folders with the directory/folder structure intact, or a forum that deals with deleted files and the like.

* I've just used 'Turbo File Uneraser' to do a simple scan only and it comes up with : "ERROR: Couldnot read MFT Record 912571"

** P.S. I've got like a day and a half to fix this so a prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.
** And if someone does know either how I can get the stuff back or another free program I could use could you either PM me or email me at 'nameless_one2@hotmail.com'

Thanks in advance,

This is really a horrible case caz loosing 4GB of data is not a joke. I guess you need help from recovery labs. You can search this forum to fins some other DIY data recover program or lab. I'm not aware of any free DR program, which is worth to consider. Most of them are not that expensive to start with and based on the try before you buy concept. But I recently came across a Lab called <removed> Inc. I would suggest to give them a shot…If you wish you can call them at <removed>. I hope you get ur crucial data back.

Removed the lab name because this loser is pimping that data recovery service, with the help of logan, both from the same IP. See my final post in the thread for slightly more details

Most of the free file recovery programs are crap or teaser programs. In order to fully recover, you need to purchase the program itself.

I have only found one that is useful for photo files only. and that is PC inspector smart recovery. I have to find one for other files. You may want to purchase a commercial program. And remember - do not overwrite the hard disk. The longer you use it, the less of a chance for a successful recovery.

Thread Closed. More advanced SPAMming technique than normally seen around here. Check out this thread to see.

Oh, also, both Logan and Kevin are posting from the same IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back