system specs:

CPU: intel core 2 duo E6700
RAM: corsair value select 2GB DDR2 667
HDD: seagate barcuda 320GB SATA II at 7200 rpm
Video: PCI express GeForce 6200 LE with turbo cache
MOBO: D975XBX2
CHIPSET: intel 975x express chipset
AUDIO: onboard
OS: xp pro with service pack 2, windows server 2003, windows vista ultimate loaded on separate logical partions, each of 80gb

PROBLEM

downloaded and installed service pack 2 for windows server 2003 using microsoft windows update. Restarted and BAMM!...System wouldnt boot. Before then it worked flawlessly.

Normally when i powered on the system, the motherboard logo or splashscreen would be the first thing displayed. The motherboard splashscreen or logo no longer displays. Instead, a non-blinking cursor is displayed on the top, left hand corner of my monitor. It doesn't go further than that non-blinking white cursor. :(

They are no BIOS beep codes, just that non-blinking cursor, and nothing else.

RAM, CPU, HDD are all good. They were tested on another system.
As instructed by motherboard manual, i tried clearing the CMOS by removing CMOS battery from system for 45 minutes then replacing it. That didnt work, same prob.

The floppy, dvd drive, keyboard, nor mouse work.

Tech Heads of the world. please help :(:(

is it the bios

I saw you post in a similar thread. Replacement bios chip may be a cheaper alternative to replacing the mobo as a starting point. After that the mobo is most suspect. The conditions you observe do not implicate the power supply, but you just never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back