Building A High Performance Gaming PC For Near $500

Status
Not open for further replies.
the sony drive has received like 4 rewards lol... jim thats a pretty nice setup u got, just the cpu is unavailable. and mine came out to be 430$ :p

i edited that setup a lil bit... what do you think and recommend? im curious about the video card..

Hey Now

Actually I killed the whole $500 budget because I forgot to include a hard drive, so the total would come to like $550 probably.

A more updated video card such as the 8600GT would add a little more headroom to the system you had outlined compaired to the 7300GT. Atleast it would be fully vista capable with DX10 anyways.

However the way you have your rig priced prior to a 8600GT it would come to $533 based on cards I have looked at for $139.99

Maybe just leave it as it is, but just add the note giving them upgrade options and what the befits and price difference would be: example "For roughly $75 more you will be able to upgrade to a 8600GT and because it is DX10 capable it wil be a bit more future proof." Let them decide if the extra cash is worth spending.

Also for $6 over the $500's they/you could get a 7600GT which still is also a real step up from the 7300GT. Based on cards I browsed for $114.99.

jimshady you still had a nice system for $550, that still kills any dell out there that people pay too much for. im sure a month after dx10 comes out all the cards will be alot cheaper.. and of course i can allways upgrade later. just cant afford the extra 100$ right now lol. any other cards you reccomend for under 60$? lol

OK! i will be ordering all parts soon! i need EVERYONES OPINION BEFORE I DO! And WHAT DO you recommend?

No

A 7600GT isnt under $60 and frankly your not going to be doing that computer justice with a $60 card. Your going to complain and wish you had spend the extra money on video when you load a game up. Of course you could run everything on super low detail but whats the point of building a gaming computer eh ?

Id just save up a little while longer, the worst thing that can happen is that the parts get cheaper....Id rather wait then have somthing that I wouldnt be happy with.

Yeah, a 60 card would be like a 7300GS or Radeon X1050. Not recommended for gaming.

I just saw on Newegg an X850XT for $56. It was recertified, but I'm sure it works properly.

well whats a good video card for its price? I guess i can spend a liltle bit more on the video card. not o much tho. maybe 80$? and what do you think about my procsessor?

well whats a good video card for its price? I guess i can spend a liltle bit more on the video card. not o much tho. maybe 80$? and what do you think about my procsessor?

Well

As we reccomended, the 7600GT for right around $115 or the 8600GT for around $150.

Really, there isnt much else you are going to be happy with I will garuntee it..

then again im not a big gamer, if it runs nfs carbon at high and bf 2142 at medium im a lucky guy :D

Dont get that build, the parts are cheap and it's not very "High Performance" if you plan on gaming, just get this build someone on this forum showed me a few weeks ago:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane - $65.00
Biostar tForce 550 ATX AM2 Motherboard - $78.99
Corsair ValueSelect 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2-667 RAM - $64.99
Seagate Barracuda 160GB SATA-2 HDD - $56.99
eVGA e-GeForce 7600 GT 256MB -$109.99

Other:
ASUS 80mm CPU Cooler - $8.99
Apevia Turbo-Link 500W Power Supply - $39.99

Total Price (With shipping) - $438.22

Alot cheaper and better :)

You'll have to pick out a CD drive for yourself since that's more of a personal choice on what you want to do, Gaming and uploading stuff to CDs require faster speeds ;)

hey timparadox you got links for everyone of those items? and corsair 512 mb ram is like going back in time lol. Ocz is decent stuff and runs at 800 mhz :D Most of the stuff isnt cheap and most of the same brands

I cant find the seagate Hd u recommended and the cpu cooler. and theres several choices for a 7600 gt... wich one is the best? and there all around the same price.. and the psu u found looks great. is apevia a good brand? and what does a 2 12v rail's mean? lol

Un

The first card, all of them have the same specs, the first one is cheaper....

Also about timeparadox's comment about the parts you picked out being cheap:

How is 2gb OCZ gold DDR800 not "high performance" ? He wants you to get 1/2 the RAM at a slower speed ? The only thing that is better on his list is the video card...But seems you are taking all our advice on that.

Stick with your original build, especially the memory, its good stuff..

derangedmono said:
yo i neeed help with video cards. cuz i have a crappy *** video card. radon 9250 256 mb pci slot. =(
i hate that card so much!!! grrr

sorry, make a new thread! cause this one is mine!

LMFAOO WOW..I was going to buy that same exact case because i am building my own gaming computer, not so cheat as u though :D

But The Case, Antec900 is just as sexy without the CPU airduct gadget. I think the money you want to spend on a card is not worth it. Seems that ou dilemma might be the same as far as video cards go because i dont know weather DX10 or DX9 to get for now. How come you dont build an SLI??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back