Problems encountered with K8S-MX MoBo - Help sought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello dear ones
I am Dr. H. K. Sahu, engaged in basic research in materials science, doing some work from home, numerical computation, data analysis and visualisation.
I wish to share my problems, ideas and thoughts with you people.

I am using an ASUS K8S-MX mobo with Windows XP OS, and am facing two problems

(a) While working in Word or any other program, suddenly a series of ' m ' or ' M ' keep appearing until Esc key is pressed. Following this event, the ' m ' key of the key board does not work. As a try, I have replaced the key board by a new one, but to no avail.

(b) I am not able to HIBERNATE the PC. When I give this option, it goes through the procedure and switches off the screen as in the normal Hibertate function, but the PC restarts again. Suspecting the OS, the C-drive has been reformatted and Windows reloaded. The problem continues.

A solution to these two problems will be highly appreciated.

Are you using a wireless keyboard? Common problem there. Or is it a USB keyboard? Have your tried a PS/2 keyboard in that case?
Does the mouse work all right?
Suggest you use some canned are such as dust off to blow dirt and debris out the socket. If you are using a wireless keyboard, go back to a normal mechanical-electrical board.
Keyboards (other than the wireless ones) rarely give trouble. Since your problem seems to exist regardless of the keyboard, then look to other issues affecting the motherboard, including spyware and adware. Run some scans in normal mode and immediately after reboot in SAFE mode and run them again just to rule out an infestation as a possibility.

It appears you are performing all the obvious tasks. But have you considered that the "m" "M" errors and the hibernate errors are all part of the same set of problems? Take a look at ALL your hardware. Remove and reseat every component and cable.
Let us know. We love good mysteries.

Problem with K8S-MX Mobo

I am using a PS/2 Keyboard and is a normal mechanical electical keyboard.

The mouse is a USB Optical wired mouse and is working alright.

I have tried to blow the dust off and also cleaned and replaced the heat sink paste between the microprocessor chip and the heat sink.

I have removed all the cables and replaced them. These actions hace no effect.

I have an antivirus quarantine and do scan the system often. It is free from this. Also I have a popup blocker. Antispyware I have not installed, but can do it. Please suggest a good one that I can download.

It appears that the "m" "M" syndrome anf the hibernate problem are not coupled because the Hibernate problem has started about two months back where as the othe is persisting for about a year.

I must thank you for the effort youare putting to solve my problem.

Whoa! Talk about hijacking a thread.

sahuhk, are you in the right thread? This one is about Albert's Windows Update problem. Your post gives little clue as to what your problem is but it doesn't seem at all related to Albert's. I think you should post your problem in its own, separate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back