How do I make links?!?

LinkedKube

Okay I know this is such a noob question. But when people post links, for example. "If you need to look at this video card look here "here"("here" would be the link)

I want to know how to do this please. I'm tired of copying the long drawn out links or w/e. If you can help then its appreciated.

I`ve moved your thread to The Meeting Spot.

Ok, in order to make and use a link word, do the following.

Type the word into your post that you want to use as the link word. For example HERE. Copy the url of the link you wish to use. Highlight the word you want to use as the link word with your mouse and click the Insert Link button in the reply Window. Paste the url of the link you wish to use and click ok. That`s it, you`re done.

Regards Howard :)

here testing...

]
topic87077.html

here https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic87077.html

Colin

I've always wanted to know how to do that as well, here it goes.

Lush it works, thanks

supersmash: I take it you`re still struggling.

You know how to highlight a word right? Hold down the left mouse button and drag the cursor over the word you wish to highlight. I.E the word you want to use as the link word.

Once the word is highlighted, click the insert link button in the reply window, that`s the one to the right of the underlined `A`. Then paste the url of the link you wish to use. I.E www.techspot.com and click ok.

Well, while we are admitting to not knowing how to do things... I think I've seen LNCPapa or Didou put in a pic and have it clickable.

Supersmash. You type in the word or words you want to be clickable for a link, highlight them, then click
createlink.gif
, it will pop up a box and you paste or type in where you want it to go. Click OK and you are set.

This is how I would do it using Photobucket. I assume it would be similar with other photo sharing sites.

1. Select the images you want to convert into clickable thumbnails by putting a check in the little blank white box just below each thumbnail you want to use.

2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find: "Generate HTML and IMG Code" - Click that.

Copy the text inside the box that says "IMG clickable thumbnails for message boards - recommended"

Paste it into your post and you should be good to go.

Isn't there BBcode here? Another forum I visit uses pure HTML, but BBcode is pretty cool (other than the fact that you can't resize an image directly).

Wow, I Sumhow Came Into Tech Spot Knowing How To Do All These Things Correctly, And I Have No Experience With Forums Before Ts. I Dunno Why, But I Have Always Had This Strange Nac With Computers.
Whoops Sorry But Blabin So Much :)

God Of Mana said:
Wow, I Sumhow Came Into Tech Spot Knowing How To Do All These Things Correctly, And I Have No Experience With Forums Before Ts. I Dunno Why, But I Have Always Had This Strange Nac With Computers.
Whoops Sorry But Blabin So Much :)

Well Technically you wouldnt have a nac for something if you didnt know how to do it. Right? So what do you call it then, a pre-nac?

Back