computer broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having a problem with my computer missing icons,like shut down,run,etc.. I ran my virus scan ez trust ezarmor it didnt find anything,i ran s&destroy found nothing so i decided to erase my hard drive. That worked but know i stuck with it saying operateing system not found. I dont have a start up disk for my computer.What should i do

That is becuase you wiped you opperating system when you erased your harddrive. You will have to go buy another OS.

I had this problem awhile back, but my problem was alot worse, I couldn't reinstall the OS, my drive went bad. Nothing I could do, hope it's different in your case. Try reinstalling your OS.

The best thing to do is to reinstall his OS. But as he stated in his post, he doesn't have a start up disk or anything so he can't reinstall his OS.

Hi,

Are you saying you formatted the hard drive without having

any OS disc to reinstall with,and now it says "Operating System not found" ? :eek:

What method did you use to "erase the hard drive" ?

Your best bet is to buy, yes buy, Windows XP Home from www.newegg.com or some place like it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116056

OR if you have a valid Microsoft Windows XP serial number and a friend with an OEM copy of Windows XP Home, you can borrow his OEM copy for a few hours and reinstall your operating system using your serial number.

OR again if you have a friend and his computer has broadband internet, a CD-burner and burning software and a bittorrent client, you can download an OEM ISO of Wndows XP Home and burn it to disk and then you can install Windows XP Home using your serial number.

Of course the last two suggestions aren't exactly legal with the last suggestion being almost foolhardy because of the likelyhood that you'll download a nasty virus contaminated program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back