Urgent plz help! (Hijackthis log)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is slowly dieing and I am probably going to end up formatting it unless I can fix this. I cannot seem to get rid of what ever is causing the problem. I ran many different spyware and antivirus softwares but they cannot seem to find or correct the problem. My computer is going extremely slow almost to a point where I cannot even use it and it is changing the destop file names to obscenities. I downloaded HiJackthis and saved the log. I downloaded and installed AVG but when I try to open it, it doesn't open at all and like 10 minutes later I get the error message that "something bad happened in the application and the error file has been sent to...etc"
Please can someone help me before this destroys my computer totally.

Why is the antivirus not turned on?

Uninstall/delete the copy of HijackThis you have and download a new one. Let it install to the right location, NOT the temporary internet files! Download from here > http://filehippo.com/download_hijackthis/

Follow these instructions in order please.

Download ViewpointKiller

* Unzip the program and all of the contents of ViewpointKiller.zip to a location such as your desktop.
* Double click the ViewpointKiller icon to run ViewpointKiller.exe. Select the "File" menu, and select "Check to see if you have Viewpoint installed".
* If ViewpointKiller indicates that any of the Viewpoint variants are installed, select the proper "Kill" option in the File menu.

Follow the prompts and instructions very carefully, answering "Yes" or "No" depending on which option you are most comfortable with. The MsConfig instructions are very important, so be sure to read them carefully.

Note: When done with ViewpointKiller, simply right click and delete all files that were unzipped.

-----

Download Trend Micro CWShredder

1. Double click the CWShredder.exe to open the Program and Click on I AGREE to accept the license agreement.
2. Checkmark the option Move CWS files found to the Recycle Bin instead of deleting them as a precaution. We can empty the Recycle Bin later once the infection is cured.
3. Click on Update to ensure the latest updates are installed.
4. Click Fix to let the CWShredder look for and fix any CWS infection it finds.
5. Click OK in the confirmation screen to continue.
* CWShredder will scan your system for known variants of CWS infections.
* The scan results are shown.
7. Click Next to continue.
8. Click Exit to exit the program.

-----

Please download Combofix by sUBs from either here or here

Save Combofix.exe to your your Desktop.

1. Double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts. (from the keyboard select 1 and press enter)
2. When finished, it will produce a log for you.
3. Attach that log in your next reply.

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause your computer to stall

-----

Next post please attach:
combofix log
New HijackThis log

Open HijackThis and select "Do a system scan only" and place a check mark next to:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {381FFDE8-2394-4f90-B10D-FC6124A40F8C} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: PalTalk - {4EAFEF58-EEFA-4116-983D-03B49BCBFFFE} - C:\Program Files\Paltalk Messenger\Paltalk.exe (file missing)
O15 - Trusted Zone: .trymedia.com[/url] (HKLM)

Close all windows and click "Fix checked"

What antivirus do you use and why is none turned on?

Ok I did what you said.

I use Nortan AntiVirus and it IS on. It has been on. The only thing that isn't on is the advanced firewall protection because I haven't got a clue how to turn it on but the auto protection is on.

Do you see the Security Status with a Red X and says At Risk under it?

If this is not updated, or the subscription has run out then it is not protecting your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back