Round 2 ... pc still freezes, not as often...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baraka

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic94573.html

i posted another reply there but got no reply or responce...
ROUND 2........point form

*it froze again, i have replaced the psu and it helped alot, but hasnt cleared the problem.

speedfan read as follows when it froze:

CPU FAN
4688RPM
FRONT FAN
1361RPM
SIDE FAN blowing on STOCK STD CPU COOLER/FAN
1042RPM

CORE: 49C
TEMP1: 40C
CPU: 44C
NORTH: 42C
SOUTH: 32C
HD0: 41C
HD1: 39C
HD2: 47C
HD3: 41C

any suggestions to stop the freezes, even case mods ppl have done to help reduce heat would be appreciated, i dont mind 'modifying' my case as long as it is an improvement

*Ambeint temp was around 28c inside and i was playing an online game at the time.
*I havent done the memtest as yet...
*i can feel most of the heat sinks and they are not too hot too touch, the ram is not hot either but the HD's may need attention due to the temps...but i may have to cut the side case cover to allow more airflow for this.

*since replacing the psu and the vid cards, the temps have come down but the hd's have increased a little. The average was about 35-40c, now its 39-43c

*my cpu cooler is still on order...been a while now...any suggestions on a better cooler than a zalman 9500/9700 series to suit my board -a8n-sli-premium -amd 939 socket which sits on its side inside my tower, post a link...
pls keep in mind 7 fans run inside not including my vid cards, i can reduce or keep these...

What happens when you run your system with the case open?

With those fan speeds, your system must be loud as crap. The temps are not that bad

its actually very quiet, i just hear a low humm really when i have it running normally...it gets loud when i switch on the 3 small fans under the dvd players tho...but their via a switch so if i get sick of the noise or system temps cool down enough...i just flick the switch obviously.

when i have the side cover off...its a little better on the hard drives but thats about it, the fan i installed to blow onto the stock fan/cpu block does the job. I did have it as another exhaust fan but it didnt make a difference so i flipped it.

just to add to it....it reset itself the other night when i had the game on...issues seem to be when i have the games on.

any help or advise would be great

have a good one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back