Test System Specs & EVEREST Ultimate
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (3.00GHz) LGA775
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit)
- Nvidia Forceware (174.74)
- Intel System Drivers (9.0.0)
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.40GHz) LGA775
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit)
- Nvidia Forceware (101.17)
- Intel System Drivers (8.4.0)
The Everest Ultimate Edition memory bandwidth performance test shows the C90S delivering significantly less performance when compared to our test system. Keep in mind that the C90S uses a 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo processor on a 266MHz FSB, whereas the test system runs a 3.0GHz processor on the 333MHz FSB. Furthermore, the C90S uses DDR2-667 memory, and our desktop test system is making use of DDR3-1333 memory. Overclocking the C90S increased the memory bandwidth by 17% which was quite impressive.
The C90S doesn’t stack up all that well to our test system, which is not surprising given that the laptop used an E6600 processor and the desktop is fitted with an E8400.
Legion Hardware Reviews
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.