Most Anticipated PC Games of 2010

By on January 21, 2010, 4:33 AM
While many publications are wrapping up their look at the best games of 2009, we have decided to peer ahead. Most gamers know what titles came last year, but keeping track of upcoming releases can be a bit more difficult. We are going to take a look at some of the most anticipated PC games of 2010, from top to bottom in alphabetical order we have a total of 31 games spanning nearly every genre. Naturally, this list is subjective, but we hope it will allow you to keep tabs on what will likely be some of the best games this year.
Sneak peek inside: Aliens vs. Predator, BioShock 2, Deux Ex 3, Just Cause 2, Mass Effect 2, Max Payne 3, Stalker: CoP, StarCraft II, WoW: Cataclysm, and plenty more! Read the complete article.

Captain828 Captain828 said:

Interesting, wasn't Colonial Marines axed?

Also, check the text on Singularity :P

Besides that, great feature!

Metro 2033 is missed

Staff
Julio Franco Julio Franco, TechSpot Editor, said:

Thanks for the note Captain, text is now fixed.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the article, which BTW can also serve as a guide throughout the rest of the year to track down upcoming releases.

treeski treeski said:

Great list, thanks. I almost wish you had sorted it by released date though

slh28 slh28, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Final Fantasy as an MMORPG is just wrong...

alexandrionel said:

Diablo III, Max Payne 3, Starcraft II and Half life II episode 3: these are the games which will make me come back go using computers also for gaming. Over the years I have lost interest for games(also because of the financial problems) but these games I will wait to play.

ColdPreacher said:

Woah Hitman 5!!!, Still awaiting for Starcraft 2's release date. Also Diablo 3 and Crysis 2 will get me back into PC gaming.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Too many games, too little time (and $$). A great synopsis of upcoming games. Five games for sure I'll be buying - Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Crysis 2, Fallout: New Vegas and Silent Hunter V.

Thanks for the compilation! Now I don't have to go to 20 different gaming websites to find trailers and info.

What about God of War III? Was it not included since it's just for PS3? Pretty stoked for that one!

Exactly, title is PC only: "Most Anticipated PC Games.."

TorturedChaos, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Really looking forward to Deus Ex 3, Diablo 3 (if they ever release it), and im kinda excited about Final Fantasy XIV, but idk about it being and MMORPG ./sigh... what happen to the good old RPG's.

Singularity looks really interesting, and would like to play Starcraft 2, and of course the new WoW expansion :d too.

Overall looks like there are a lot of fun games lined of for this year - and I now have a computer that can run them and soon to have a PS3

pcnthuziast said:

Aren't some of those games slated for 2011 or at least currently TBA status?

The only game worth waiting for and it isn't even on the list out of all the games listed is: RO2

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad

Looking at the list, I would have to agree. None of those games jump out at me. THE one game I am looking forward to is Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad. Would have been nice to see it there...

Relic Relic, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

You forgot C&C 4...while I am a little disappointed with some of the devs decisions on the game, imo it still should have made that list. It'll be the final chapter of the C&C franchise and the last of KANE! Nevertheless still a good list, at least five of those games are on my must have list of twenty-ten.

Relic Relic, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Oh forgot to say R.U.S.E should be there too imo...from a RTS standpoint it looks very impressive and it will be adding a lot to the genre.

Don't forget Deadspace 2! But ya....that's twenty-eleven...

cyriene said:

I don't know when it will be released, but the game I am most anticipating is The Witcher 2. I really liked the first one a lot, great game and story.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

LOL...I feel sorry for writers that put together these "best of," "worst of," "most anticipated" types of lists. Can't win for losing because it's a sure bet someone is going to be disappointed and want to know why their particular favorite/hated isn't on the list. The Wikipedia link posted at the end of the article is a nice addition. Man, that's a ton of pending games!

Stargate Resitance wasn't on there so this list is Bias!

Relic Relic, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

TomSEA said:

Ya...=| But its KANE!!!

tonylukac said:

No car racing games on the list?

Puiu Puiu said:

I don't think i'll be able to play any of these games this year since i don't a have a powerful enough PC. But if were to play something it would be Final Fantasy XIII - English PS3 version (March 9, 2010) at a friends place.

What?

Where is Red Orchestra:Heroes of Stalingrad by Tripwire Interactive (TWI)?

I can understand the game not being listed in a console game list, but a PC game list? C'mon!

Get your head out of the sand.. ;)

+1 On Red Orchestra HOS

The original is still being played and has multiple mods that are quite successful.

Granted that the game isn't for everyone however it is a very challenging and rewarding shooter.

The new game will make a killing,

BluStang05 said:

O starcraft 2!!! its been a few years since i have bought a comp game but i might have to buy that one. I remember staying up all night long playing the original on battle net. Those were the days

Looking forward for Starcraft 2 but where's Heroes of Newerth?

megrawab said:

I remember whenI used to play Diablo and Starcraft all day, two years ago. I used to play the role of priest in Diablo while Protoss in Starcraft. Now they launch new versions of the game. I can't wait playing them again. I hope I can afford the price lol...

But I like StarCraft more! I finished all the campaigns of each tribes namely: Terran(humans), Zergs(i think monsters), and Protoss(half-blood). Are there more added features other than campaigns?...

sagejay said:

I'm looking forward for Diablo III, I played Diablo 2 again during the summer, really brings back memories. Hopefully, it will run alright on my computer

Cataclysm is probably my most anticipated but then again, I'm super excited for SC2 and Diablo 3.

Time for a new video card I think. =)

superty12 superty12 said:

You forgot LittleBigPlanet 2 and Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions.

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

Except that neither are PC games .

How .. can you forget Metro 2033?

"How .. can you forget Metro 2033?"

Because Metro 2033 didn't pay them any money to be on this list.

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

Holy necrothread. You revived this to accuse us of taking bribes? lol

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

Holy necrothread. You revived this to accuse us of taking bribes? lol

Matthew, In this case I think it's called 'playola'