Panda Titanium 2006 named best anti-malware solution

By Derek Sooman on February 8, 2006, 7:06 PM
Analysis carried out by Data Test Labs has named Panda Titanium 2006 as the best anti-malware solution around. Out of 15 solutions, Panda was named number one, with Data Test Labs commending the software’s ease of-use and powerful anti-malware protection. Tests conducted included detection of threats, like adware, spyware, Trojans, dialers, browser hijackers, modifications to the Registry, cookies and keyloggers, all of which present a significant threat to today’s Internet user.

The analysis concludes that "Titanium takes first place because it blocks and deletes all parasites ... Because Panda proved to be very good in virus-fighting, we declare Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus+Antispyware the outright winner."

djleyo said:
ummm i once used panda 2004 and it crashed my system alot ***it was a great A.V.*** and with this news im thinking of try it out again hope it doesnt have issues with my system
nathanskywalker said:
I don't believe this!!! This is ridculus!!! I guess this means someone found a use for pandasoft. Mabye it's just the fact that i'm using a slow system at the moment, but pandasoft monopolized way to much system memory, at startup, and especially when running. Like i said, that could just be do to the fact that i am using a slow system, but as far as i can tell, pandasoft takes way to much energy, even if it does do a good job.
seanp789 said:
A link that says Panda is #1 doesnt help anyone. A link to the test results of all the anti-malware software would not be some skewed Panda software Press release.For all we know Panda paid for the tests.
cyrax said:
I've used panda software in the past and am quite pleased with them. Low memory load and an intuitive interface are a few reasons why its so nice.
AeonXX said:
Personally, I’m pleased with NOD32 from Eset. It doesn’t hog system resources, it stays in the background unless it’s urgent, and it’s not hideous to look at. It’s also very fast at scanning my system; it’s a real dream compared to the mainstreamers like McAfee and Norton.
Need_a_Dell said:
Wow. I'll have to check this out. I've been using a combonation of Norton Internet Security and AdAware for a few years now, and they've seemed to get the job done quite well. Maybe they're missing something and Panda will be able to pick it up? I'll definitely look into this. I commend you Panda, you've obviously been doing something right!
evildust said:
I tried Panda platinum and I liked it, nice interface but a little buggy. Kaspersky have a more efective detection of virus but last versions take too more ressources. NOD32 is my favorite because it have the better of it all.
Xcorch said:
I like I converted to McAfee last year.....but I have heard a bit about pandasoft.....wouldn't mind trying it out....
PUTALE said:
wow, it's a long way for Panda. I remember Norton used to take the crown of the best AV, but it's slowly being phased by McAfee. Now panda is the best. Mmmh, makes me wonder maybe I should ditch my NOrton and go for panda.
Race said:
This is a total surprise to me. They must have made some significant improvements to their software.I too, found it buggy when I checked it out, but it was quite some time ago. Since then, I had pretty much erased Panda from the memory banks.
Kaleid said:
Here's an article where antivirus programs are tested, 'The New Virus Fighters':[url]http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,
24163,00.asp[/url]
JMMD said:
nic said:
[b]Originally posted by JMMD:[/b][quote]I've been following the test results from this site for a while:[url]http://www.av-comparatives.org/[/url]I've always used Norton but switched to Kaspersky about a year ago. Now that's all I recommend to people.[/quote]Much as expected, results depend on the test data and can therefore vary from test to test.
vigilante said:
We've sold Panda at our store for a year and a half now. We've found it to be much better then any other popular suite.It's main issue is, it seems to often have trouble installing. Especially on a system that used to have Norton. A Panda service may not load on startup, or auto-protect service starts OFF, or a service or process takes 100% CPU. It has to be uninstalled and reinstalled.It gets quite annoying. And renewing can be a pain as well.I am also trying Kaspersky, I'm happy with it, less resources then Panda.However, PC Magazine just name ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.0 to be the best. With Panda getting about the same overall score as Norton and McAfee.