Sony PlayStation 3 Firmware 4.41
An update to the PS3 system software was released on 25 April 2012. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 4.41 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 4.41, you will need a minimum 200MB of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).
If your PS3™ system software version is 4.41 (or later), you do not need to perform this update. To check the version of your system software, go to (Settings) > (System Settings) > [System Information].
- [Closed Captions] has been added as a feature under (Video Settings). See details
- The wireless stereo headset (CECHYA-0080 / CECHYA-0086) and the stereo headset (CECHYA-0088) now support PlayStation®2 Classics that have been downloaded from PlayStation®Store.
- System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
- System stability during use of some PS3 software has been improved.
- Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
- Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.
Note: Before proceeding with your driver installation we suggest you make sure you are installing the latest version available and for the appropriate model/revision and Operating System. We strongly suggest following 'readme' instructions for installing drivers when available. Often restarting your system will be necessary for the new driver to become active and start functioning properly.
Downloads and Drivers
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.