Popcorn Time! is the result of many developers and designers putting a bunch of APIs together to make the experience of watching torrent movies as simple as possible.
We are an open source project. We are from all over the world. We love our movies. And boy, do we love popcorn.
We're constantly searching all over the web for the best torrents from the most important sites.
Watch any movie as many times as you want. All you need to get started is a proper internet connection.
If the movie is out there, Popcorn Time will find the best version possible and start streaming it right away.
The best quality
Watch your movie instantly in HD and with subtitles. And then keep watching.
You can now drag and drop subtitles (.srt files) on the player to load them. This means you can now drag and drop an external torrent, and an external subtitles to stream it on Popcorn Time.
Last time, we added a "watched" icon on an episode you've played, and now we add the possibility to manually set a video as watched, so you can easily update you progression.
Eye icon indicating whether a video has been watchedEye icon indicating whether a video has been watched
And we didn't forget our power users. It has been a request since we took over the project and with Popcorn Time beta 3.1, you have the option to keep the downloaded files after you quit Popcorn Time.
Files are not shared over P2P after you watch it.
But wait, it's not over: general performances have been improved, our subtitle selection has been refined, new languages (Hello Croatians, Thais and Vietnameses, please have some popcorn!) and... get a look to a rather exhaustive changelog at the bottom of the post. :)
One more thing...work on the Android app is under way!
- Fixed invalid Certificate Fingerprints in the app not verifying causing requests to fail
- Caught when the "Theme" var in Database didn't exist upon upgrading
- Fixed movies not loading because Trakt started replying with 404s
- Fixing bookmarks that don't work on the list page for TV Shows and Anime
- Remove "Blown up" look for Retina but leave it in place for QFHD due to it's size
- Fixed the updater for Popcorn Time in linux
The "We're snowed in" beta:
- Now comes with release names
- More resiliant to APIs falling down
- HiDPI support, scales properly on 1080p, 2k/Retina and 4k/QHD screens.
- Update vectorial 'about' view.
- New watchlist view, automatically synced to trakt.
- Better caching of network calls, makes the app more snappy.
- [TV] Auto-Play next episode.
- New themes infrastructure allows for easier integration with community themes.
- New translation infrastructure allows for easier integration with community translations.
- A lot of bugfixes and under-the-hood changes.
- All dependencies have been updated.
- [ALPHA] Anime Tab, thanks to the haruhichan people !
- [ALPHA] ChromeCast now supports subtitles and cover images.
Multiple UI improvements
- Resize covers on-the-fly, Try pressing Ctrl+ and Ctrl- in the cover view!
- [TV] Open directly next unseen episode
- Built-in help section
External Media Players:
- and many more
- Trakt.tv synchronisation: Trakt will now remember your favs for you! Thanks Trakt.tv for being so awesome!