Popcorn Time! is the result of many developers and designers putting a bunch of APIs together to make the experience of watching torrent movies as simple as possible.
We are an open source project. We are from all over the world. We love our movies. And boy, do we love popcorn.
We're constantly searching all over the web for the best torrents from the most important sites.
Watch any movie as many times as you want. All you need to get started is a proper internet connection.
If the movie is out there, Popcorn Time will find the best version possible and start streaming it right away.
The best quality
Watch your movie instantly in HD and with subtitles. And then keep watching.
You can now drag and drop subtitles (.srt files) on the player to load them. This means you can now drag and drop an external torrent, and an external subtitles to stream it on Popcorn Time.
Last time, we added a "watched" icon on an episode you've played, and now we add the possibility to manually set a video as watched, so you can easily update you progression.
Eye icon indicating whether a video has been watchedEye icon indicating whether a video has been watched
And we didn't forget our power users. It has been a request since we took over the project and with Popcorn Time beta 3.1, you have the option to keep the downloaded files after you quit Popcorn Time.
Files are not shared over P2P after you watch it.
But wait, it's not over: general performances have been improved, our subtitle selection has been refined, new languages (Hello Croatians, Thais and Vietnameses, please have some popcorn!) and... get a look to a rather exhaustive changelog at the bottom of the post. :)
One more thing...work on the Android app is under way!
- This release ships with a huge internal code clean up that forced us to break former Databases compatibilities, so you most probably will have to reset your DataBase on install. sorry, we'll be better next time.
- We will not support auto-update for this release, sorry, we'll be better next time.
- Move to self-hosted repo, you can now find us at http://git.popcorntime.io/
- Use FontAwesome instead of PNG's: nicer, sharper icons across the UI
- Get rid of white flash at startup.
- Rethink Settings: much cleaner layout, separated in advanced.
- Themes: we give you 3 new themes to check out, and soon you'll be able to submit your own.
- New settings:
- Always on Top option
- Start page option
- Rating on covers
- Fade or Hide watched items
Multiple UI improvements
- Resize covers on-the-fly, Try pressing Ctrl+ and Ctrl- in the cover view!
- [TV] Open directly next unseen episode
- Built-in help section
External Media Players:
- and many more
- Trakt.tv synchronisation: Trakt will now remember your favs for you! Thanks Trakt.tv for being so awesome!