Popcorn Time! is the result of many developers and designers putting a bunch of APIs together to make the experience of watching torrent movies as simple as possible.
We are an open source project. We are from all over the world. We love our movies. And boy, do we love popcorn.
We're constantly searching all over the web for the best torrents from the most important sites.
Watch any movie as many times as you want. All you need to get started is a proper internet connection.
If the movie is out there, Popcorn Time will find the best version possible and start streaming it right away.
The best quality
Watch your movie instantly in HD and with subtitles. And then keep watching.
You can now drag and drop subtitles (.srt files) on the player to load them. This means you can now drag and drop an external torrent, and an external subtitles to stream it on Popcorn Time.
Last time, we added a "watched" icon on an episode you've played, and now we add the possibility to manually set a video as watched, so you can easily update you progression.
Eye icon indicating whether a video has been watchedEye icon indicating whether a video has been watched
And we didn't forget our power users. It has been a request since we took over the project and with Popcorn Time beta 3.1, you have the option to keep the downloaded files after you quit Popcorn Time.
Files are not shared over P2P after you watch it.
But wait, it's not over: general performances have been improved, our subtitle selection has been refined, new languages (Hello Croatians, Thais and Vietnameses, please have some popcorn!) and... get a look to a rather exhaustive changelog at the bottom of the post. :)
One more thing...work on the Android app is under way!
The long awaited 0.3.7. Welcome to 2015, it's a new year.
We're a couple weeks into 2015 so far and it's time once again for a new Popcorn Time release! We know a lot of you have been having issues with covers and we know it's fustrating. Thankfully, 0.3.7 is here and it should bring with it a new slew of bugs, and bug fixes.
To everyone who had to wait this long for a fix, We're thankful for your patience. In other good news, 0.3.7 brings more changes then just a covers fix. We've fixed things like IP detection for external devices, and we fixed the Remote API.
- Fall back to Sequential ID when AirPlay devices do not respond to ServerInfo queries
- Rebuild the new built in VPN Client
- Renamed "External" to "ExtPlayer" to avoid confusion with non-local devices
- Fix the movie cover resizing code and garbage collect the cache so ensure old metadata isn't used
- Greatly improve the built in DLNA detection
- Fix retina display for Ultra HD screens
- Properly hide the spinner in cases where an error ocurrs
- Always show the FileSelector if TorrentCol is active. Fixes PT-1575
- Fix subtitle error handling in the streamer
- Prevent the app from getting stuck on "Waiting for Subtitles" if subtitle discovery fails
- Fix the HTTP API / Remote API
- Improved IP-Detection for all external devices. Fixes PT-1440
- Fix the issue where the Ukranian flag was displayed instead of the Armenian Flag
- Calculate the remaining time before stream download completion
- Added a "Magnet" icon in the details pane to allow copying of the magnet url
- Added the ability to save the .torrent files and magnet links in-app for latert