Popcorn Time! is the result of many developers and designers putting a bunch of APIs together to make the experience of watching torrent movies as simple as possible. The new and improved Popcorn Time allows you to watch movies and TV shows online for free, in HD or SD with subtitles. Now also available for Android.
We are an open source project. We are from all over the world. We love our movies. And boy, do we love popcorn.
We're constantly searching all over the web for the best torrents from the most important sites.
Watch any movie as many times as you want. All you need to get started is a proper internet connection.
If the movie is out there, Popcorn Time will find the best version possible and start streaming it right away.
The best quality
Watch your movie instantly in HD and with subtitles. And then keep watching.
You can now drag and drop subtitles (.srt files) on the player to load them. This means you can now drag and drop an external torrent, and an external subtitles to stream it on Popcorn Time.
Last time, we added a "watched" icon on an episode you've played, and now we add the possibility to manually set a video as watched, so you can easily update you progression.
Eye icon indicating whether a video has been watchedEye icon indicating whether a video has been watched
And we didn't forget our power users. It has been a request since we took over the project and with Popcorn Time beta 3.1, you have the option to keep the downloaded files after you quit Popcorn Time.
Files are not shared over P2P after you watch it.
But wait, it's not over: general performances have been improved, our subtitle selection has been refined, new languages (Hello Croatians, Thais and Vietnameses, please have some popcorn!) and... get a look to a rather exhaustive changelog at the bottom of the post. :)
One more thing...work on the Android app is under way!
Increased security, protecting you from eventual malicious attacks, and some minor bugfixes.
Android version updated to 2.5.2
- Change primary color from blue to indigo Update
- VLC video player code to LibVLC 1.5.0
- Added option to see full torrent stats for movies
- Added 480p option to default qualities
- Added visibility of progress in notification when in background
- Added stop action to close in notification when in background
- Fixed movie description view size
- Fixed English not being in the language selector
- Fixed crash when opening .torrent or magnet
- Fixed casting when opening from .torrent or magnet
- Fixed relaunch of external player
- Fixed background initialisation of torrent
- Fixed video reload option
- Fixed updating progress bar on resume
- Fixed screen not going off when playback ended
The 0.3.8 update is finally out! It's been a long time coming and we know you've all been patiently waiting for it. All your waiting paid off, because this update is a massive one and comes with a ton of fixes.
This update is way too big to add every change into this blog post itself, so follow this link for the complete changelog with all the new bug fixes and features this time around.
Notable Bug Fixes:
- Fix Movies listing
- Fix most issues with remotes
- Fix Trakt.tv
- Many missing subtitles are now available
- NodeWebkit 12 (nw.js 12)
- Remember last chosen settings for things like Player Volume, Subtitles Position, and Quality
- Translated Movies & TV Show synopsis
- 1080p TV Shows
- Play local video files
- Trending categories
- "Random" movie button
As a heads up to most of you, this update is a two step process, You may notice 0.3.7-3 before you are moved up to 0.3.8, this is due to the fact that our updater needed some changes to support upgrading nw.js.