Nvidia has just delivered a new set of graphics drivers with the WHQL stamp. This version, 182.06, is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Vista and supports GeForce desktop GPUs from the 6-series and up. According to the company, you should expect to see improved performance in games such as Left 4 Dead and Fallout 3 at high resolution with anti-aliasing enabled.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, Race Driver: GRID, Half Life 2 and other 3D applications also receive speed boosts with this release. In addition, the new Forceware 182.06 WHQL drivers will provide users with full support for OpenGL 3.0 on GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs and update Nvidias PhysX system software to version 9.09.0203. Read the full list of fixes and changes after the jump or pick the appropriate OS below to download the latest ForceWare driver release.
Download: Windows XP | Windows XP/2003 64-bit | Windows Vista | Windows Vista 64-bit
This is a WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, and 200-series desktop GPUs.
New in Release 182.06:
* Recommended for the best experience in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
* Boosts performance in several 3D applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with Release 182.06 WHQL drivers vs. Release 181.22 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
o Up to 8% performance increase in Fallout 3 at high resolution and AA.
o Up to 10% performance increase in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
o Up to 9% performance increase in Half-Life 2 at high resolution with AA.
o Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.
o Up to 10% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID at high resolution and AA.
* Includes full support for OpenGL 3.0 on GeForce 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs.
* Automatically installs the new PhysX System Software version 9.09.0203.
* Additional information on specific bug fixes can be found in the release documentation notes.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology* on DirectX 9 and OpenGL including SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
* Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here. Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.
* Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #2.
* Supports CUDA.
* Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
*Note: The following SLI features are only supported on Windows Vista: Quad SLI technology using GeForce 9800 GX2 or GeForce GTX 295, 3-way SLI technology, Hybrid SLI, and SLI multi-monitor support.