Fallout 3: Point Lookout coming on June 23

By on June 4, 2009, 3:51 PM
Bethesda has announced it will deliver the fourth expansion to its popular post apocalyptic adventure game, Fallout 3, later this month. Dubbed Point Lookout, the extra content will put players in a radioactive swampland along the coast of Maryland where they will encounter new mutants, allies, and weapons as they try to unravel the mysteries of this town. As usual, there will be choices to be made, which will open up a whole new series of missions and possibilities.

Point Lookout will be released on Xbox Live Arcade and Games for Windows on June 23, priced at 800 Microsoft Points ($10), with a PlayStation 3 release later on. Bethesda is calling this their “most open-ended DLC yet,” and while it won't raise the game's level cap at all, it is intended to be significantly challenging even for high-level players. Hopefully, they’ll sort out the issues that marred previous DLC releases as well.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Man, this is the game that just keeps on giving. For those of you who haven't played Fallout 3, I give it the highest recommendation I possibly could. I first started playing computer games on the Apple II 32 years ago and have been an avid gamer ever since playing literally hundreds of games over who knows how many PC systems. And Fallout 3 is in the top 3 games I've ever played during that time.

If you haven't played it - do yourself a favor and go get it. You won't be disappointed, guaranteed.

red1776 red1776, Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe, said:

wow Tom, you should work on commision, after that testimonial i believe i will purchase a copy

yukka, TechSpot Paladin, said:

If only i could complete the original game but i have acore i7 with ati 4850 and 9gig of ram and there is this slight jerkyness to the graphics that feels like bad coding or driver issues as opposed to any physical performance deficiency in my machine. and i have tried lots of different combinations of drivers. vista 64bit btw.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

That's really a bummer, yukka - especially with the money invested in that type of a rig. I run an Intel Q9550 quad, 8gig RAM with a XFX 280gtx card and Fallout 3 runs flawlessly at max settings.

Could be a nvidia vs. ATI thing. Or possibly a sound card issue? Creative with their world renown awful drivers for their sound cards have been known to screw up more than a few games.

Captain828 Captain828 said:

Sincerely, I've been more impressed of Oblivion than F3.

I've also had some stupid issues with the game as well.

CrossFire851 CrossFire851 said:

What ever happened to Oblivion? I feel as if they kinda just scraped that game.

Rage_3K_Moiz Rage_3K_Moiz, Sith Lord, said:

@yukka, I don't think it has anything to do with your hardware. What resolution are you playing at? BTW, Fallout 3 performs better on ATI cards AFAIK.