Sprint rolls out new "Any Mobile, Anytime" plan

By on September 10, 2009, 5:13 PM
Sprint is offering a new plan that offers unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling from a Sprint handset to a wireless phone on any other US carrier's network.

The new service, called "Any Mobile, Anytime," is a feature of Sprint's Everything Data plan. Starting at $69.99 per month, the plan has unlimited text, picture and video messaging, and unlimited data, which includes Sprint TV as well as exclusive NFL Mobile Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile applications.

According Sprint CEO Dan Hesse, the carrier is trying to make wireless more simple and worry-free for customers. Let's face it, who wants to keep track of plan limitations, and what contacts are in-network? Hesse believes that Any Mobile, Anytime provides an unmatched simplicity and value.

In an example, Sprint showed that a family of four could get unlimited wireless for $42.50 per person. This could benefit you even if you're not going to abandon your current carrier -- other providers may look to cut prices in spirit of competition.

9Nails, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Sweet! Let the price wars begin.

Unless you already have their unlimited voice/data plan, in which case this is an offer of free cheesecake at an all you can eat buffet.

windmill007 said:

About time... I hope some of the others come down to.

TorturedChaos, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

he he. I'm still happy with my $35 (total - that includes the taxes and insurance) I got several years ago from a local provider. Now they have merged with Cellular One, and I get even better service. But still only $35 per month.,

Plus there is not Sprint coverage here, and I did customer support for Sprint/Nextel and would NEVER use them.

KimmyBlot said:

The prepaid offers are so much better only their phones are not quite so nice but I really don't care about status and I don't need unlimited data. I have a Straight Talk phone with unlimited talk, texts and 30mb of data for $45per month. It suits me much better and it runs off Verizon's network, nationwide which is better than Sprint.

and i bet your phone totally sucks too!