If you recently purchased a Barnes & Noble Nook e-book reader, you'll be delighted to know that a new firmware update has been released. Nook v1.1 allows customers to connect to Barnes & Noble's free in-store wireless Internet, providing access to "exclusive content and promotions." The latest firmware version also brings several other changes:
- Improved page turn and formatting of downloaded eBooks.
- Improved startup time for My Library, The Daily, and Settings.
- Immediate launch of the reader upon choosing Select from The Daily and My Library, for books and subscription issues that have already been downloaded; otherwise the book detail page is displayed, with Download as the first option.
- Elimination of the page skipping that has occurred in certain PDB eBooks.
- Status bar (battery indicator, signal indicator, and clock) is displayed in reader.
- Overall system improvements.