Weekend game deals: 75% off GTA Classics

By on November 5, 2010, 2:28 PM
With the holidays approaching, digital game distributors are undoubtedly preparing some juicy deals for this year's festivities. In the meantime, it seems they're holding back on the major sales, but there are still plenty of bargains for you this weekend. Steam offers four classic GTA titles for $7.49, as well as 66% off Supreme Commander 2. Meanwhile, Impulse cuts 50% off The Sims 3, and Direct2Drive knocks 25% off any purchase worth $49.95 or more via coupon code "bigsavings".

Steam
GTA Classics (GTA, GTA II, GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas) $7.49 (75% off)
Supreme Commander 2 $5.10 (66% off)
Supreme Commander 2: Infinite War Battle Pack $3.40 (66% off)
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West $7.49 (50% off)
Shattered Horizon $9.99 (50% off)
Eschalon Book II $19.99 (20% off)
More...

Impulse
The Sims 3 $19.99 (50% off)
Star Ruler $19.99 (20% off)
DarkFall $7.49 (75% off)
Storm Over the Pacific $34.99 (30% off)
Hacker Evolution - Untold w/ Flight Zero $12.49 (50% off)
Tidalis $6.99 (30% off)
Starscape $4.99 (50% off)
More...

Direct2Drive
Pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops and get 20% off any other COD title
Enter to win five new releases
Save 25% when you spend $49.95 or more via coupon code "bigsavings"

Games for Windows
Resident Evil 5 $24.99 (50% off)

Good Old Games
DotEmu catalog up to 50% off

AbsolutGaloot said:

I do so love steam sales. I can't wait to see what they have to offer over christmas, last year's sale was spectacular.

sMILEY4ever said:

Oldies but goodies. Yummy.

ReMonster said:

If it weren't for the massive discounts steam has the ability to offer I believe most games would still be purchased through brick and mortar stores with phsyical media.

TomSEA TomSEA, TechSpot Chancellor, said:

Hmmm...a weak offering this weekend, methinks. Doesn't matter as I ALREADY HAVE EVERY DAMN GAME STEAM HAS PUT ON SALE PREVIOUSLY. LOL.....

taea00 said:

They always have some great sales going on. I wonder how they can pull off 75% discounts all the time and the regular retailers will give you $5 and that's their big sale. Steam is awesome, don't have to worry about losing my disk, I can uninstall and reinstall at will, and as I've pointed out, if you wait long enough you can get the game you want at a rediculously low price.

I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in here because I bought GTA 4 for the PC and I have yet to play it. Here is why. Unlike all of the other GTAs you cannot steer your vehicle with the mouse. Keyboard steering is all over the place. I could not get used to it.

I could not get my PS3 controller to work properly with the homemade drivers and I wasn't going to spend $40 on a gamepad for my PC to play a PC game I paid $10 for. So there it sits in my Steam library taunting me. =)

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

To be clear, GTA IV isn't included in Steam's discounted GTA Classics bundle.

Driving with a mouse is like trying to piss while holding your wang with your foot.

L2D with a keyboard and shoot with your mouse like 95% of the games out there do.

And using a controller in any fps will get you slain by the keyboard/mouse wielding warriors that are known as pc users.

All else fails go buy a decent gaming wheel.

motrin said:

i cannot bring myself to spend the 3 dollars for a GTA title. i have been spoiled by Just Cause 2

cyrusjumpjet cyrusjumpjet said:

Nabbed the GTA deal as soon as I saw it!

Now I'm being tempted by Lead & Gold as well as Supreme Commander 2. Anybody have any thoughts on those two games? I tried Lead & Gold out and it was pretty fun, but ionno if it's worth it...

blimp01 said:

Wow GTA Vice city i gotta install that RIGHT NOW!!! i used to play that so much

Timonius Timonius said:

Lead and Gold looks interesting, reminds me of TF2 but a western theme, too bad I still only have a single core processor.

Kibaruk Kibaruk, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I cant find GTA anywhere on steam, there is a problem with the links.

Tried Lead and Gold... it kind of sucks big time never wondered why a multiplayer online game relatively new was only $15 =/

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

The links work fine for me. Anyone else having an issue?

Kibaruk Kibaruk, TechSpot Paladin, said:

And how is RE5 in discount 50% on $25??

On Steam its normal price is $30, and when it was on an offer it went down to $10,49

Matthew, tried the 4 links of GTA Classics, San Andrea, Vice City and III, one lead me to main page, the other 3 after reading said they were unavailable on my region sorry for that.

Staff
Matthew Matthew, TechSpot Staff, said:

It's 50% off in Microsoft's store.

grvalderrama said:

I've never really liked this game (GTA)... in fact, I find it irritating. I woudn't play this game even if someone gave it to me for free... My time is expensive xD

n00bzZy said:

Kibaruk said:

And how is RE5 in discount 50% on $25??

Same for me. Any way to go around that?

milford50 said:

I cant view the links too, i suppose its a country filter as i am from India. Previous GTA offers were not available here. Although we get GTA 4 for just 10$(normal price but works in India only) here

Darth Shiv Darth Shiv said:

Yes good ol country filter. The stronghold series aren't available for me to view in store either but somehow I got them all from a pack so I can play them thru steam but not open the steam store page for them :/

Richy2k9 said:

hello ...

nothing for me this time, will wait for mid-week & next week-end ... & christmas sales :P

too bad not everything available for MU.

cheers!

Benny26 Benny26, TechSpot Paladin, said:

Wow!...If i didn't already have every GTA, i'de be out buying right now.

ET3D, TechSpot Paladin, said:

I've managed to resist temptation lately, after I discovered that I buy too many games. I almost bought NBA 2K10 when I saw it at $2 on Steam, but by the time I read reviews and thought about it the price was back up. Steam has these "price glitches" occasionally, don't know why. I don't know if it's good or bad that I hesitated.

Anyway, I'll be waiting for the year end Steam sale, which isn't far off.

BTW I don't have any GTA game and won't have any because Steam doesn't want to sell them to me (they're geographically limited).

bam13 said:

GTA deal looks most tempting to me...